Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic suggested I take my 2013 to the Kia Dealership because I was having the P2191, PO300, PO3004 reading code. Replaced 02 sensors, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel pump tank seal. They don't want to keep having me dump money into the car so they sent me to the Kia Dealership to solve the P2191. The car was reading 70 PSI. I had it towed because I would lose power occasionally. At the Kia Dealership, they only saw the codes P0300, PO303, PO304. They told me I needed a Catalytic Converter. I asked them if this would solve the problem. They said they have to do it one step at a time. I told them I was having the P2191 code. They mentioned they are not reading that code. They said they can only do work on a car that the codes read. Yet in the next conversation, they would not even consider the P2191 code or diagnose that because their system didn't read this. My question is get a catalytic converter?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wait for some advice from the fellas from the forum; that step at a time stuff sounds like a bogus money maker. Maybe change to another dealership.

·
Registered
527 Posts
First thing we need to know is which engine you have is it he 1.6 gdi or the 2.0 mpi?
2nd thing, no mechanic should be replacing any parts without diagnosing them as having failed. There is data that could pinpoint the problem for us that we cannot see as we don't have your car in front of us. Any dealership mechanic should know that it takes a couple of drive cycles to set that code so if your other mechanic deleted it it will take a little time for it to come back but it may be pending or stored in the history. I'm a mechanic and it would take me about 10 to 20 minutes of looking at data to tell you if you have a sensor problem or a vacuum leak or lack of fuel causing the lean condition that is setting the code and that's irrelevant if the code is present or not and I would not be throwing parts at it just to see if that's it. O2 sensors are about the easiest thing to check and monitor so it's hard to believe any "mechanic " would just replace them.
Please let us know which engine you have

1 - 3 of 3 Posts