Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
On September 5 , 2020 my 22 year old daughter had bored my car because my husband was fixing a few things on her car And we don’t want her to go without a means of transportation with 3 year old then on September 7 , 2020 at 3:50pm I receive the worst call a parent can get is that my daughter had been in a head on car accident with my 3 year old grandson in the back seat me and my husband got the seen of the wreck and they was transporting my daughter to the hospital the whole full of my 2013 Kia Soul was cracked in and not one air bags was deployed my just blessed that my daughter or Grandson wasn’t killed in that wreck they say air bags saves lives then why don’t they deploy in a head on car wreck

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2009 Pontiac Vibe was rear-ended just as I was coming to a stop behind a Dodge Durango. I had long ago decided that if I was rear-ended and there was no person who I needed to avoid hitting, I would take the hit with no brakes on. An earlier discussion I had read said this was easiest on the neck and a good way to avoid whiplash. I also pushed my head against the seat back and tried not to tense up.

Well, my front end was totaled. Back end had one small dent near the license plate. My airbags also did not deploy. I thought maybe it was due to me being near a stop, and quite close to the Durango. Durango didn't have a scratch. The cop later told me that the Challenger that hit me also was not damaged much (yes, I was in a Dodge sandwich). I think my front crumple zone took all of the energy of the hit. And Detroit still designs good bumpers!

I had no injury, but chose to be transported to have my neck examined, as I have a few degenerated discs there already, plus have a connective tissue disorder that makes all of my joints loose and floppy. I never had any pain or consequences.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts