Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kia won’t keep a charge, it sat for 3-4 days then when we went start it nothing no click no lights, so we jumped it after about 20 min it started, next day dead again jumped it drove it to the store and back checked it every couple of hours yesterday, it started and today dead again, can someone please tell me what might be going on

·
Registered
145 Posts
Honestly, just the battery is no good. My wife's 2013 seems to eat batteries and when they go, they just go. Not like the old days, it would just stop working and and wouldn't take a charge. They last about 2 years, we're on the 3rd one. You should do a load test on it, go to Auto Zone and they'll do that. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Batteries are not what they used to be. A Replacement I bought for my Astro died after just under three yeas. Farm supply brand that usually last 5-7 years. The new once they gave me under warranty was no good either. Dead at the store(although I did not realize it until I got home). And another guy came in while I was waiting for a third one and his (same model as mine) had died after 5 months. Some of our Chinese brethren cutting corners again. Make the people you get the next one from load test it before you leave the shop.

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
FWIW - Our 2013 Soul Base 1.6 Automatic was 6-1/2 years old with 95K miles on it when we traded for the 2020. Still had the original battery and started strong. They must have different suppliers and we got lucky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine had grounding issues. Which is a known common thing. Check the black ground wires that run from the engine to either side of the engine bay. Take them off and get some fresh metal for them to bite in to by sanding or wire wheel. Put some dielectric grease all over it or any grease really or some clear coat to prevent rusting.

Take your battery to autozone or whatever and have them test that and your alternator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts