Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How exactly do I install an aftermarket tachometer,? I hear people say green wire with yellow strip on the backside of the tach... is there an easy way to get to it? And i still will need power and ground? Detailed help please!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2013, no nav, no sun roof, but has alloy wheels and power door locks and windows, just wana add a cool aftermarket tachometer for cool factor, and such, not sure how to get to back of stock tach to tap into it fir the new tach

·
Registered
637 Posts
Isn't 2013 Gen 1?

On the 2015 (Gen 2), it looks like all the gauges are driven from the CANBUS line. If it's the same on yours, you could get a CANBUS tach and run it from the OBD-II port.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an UltraGauge in another car and it does have a tach option. I have it displaying coolant temp, gas mileage, distance to empty, oil change kms.

I was going to install one in the Soul but not sure where to put it. It plugs into the ODB port.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
...I was going to install one in the Soul but not sure where to put it. It plugs into the ODB port.../QUOTE]

Look behind the fuse panel cover just below and to the left of the steering column, about where your left knee is at when sitting in the car.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
We all have that problem. However, depending on how often you rely on looking at it, the closer to the speedo is best. Since the space where the stock tach is at may now be blank, I would start there and migrate upward to see where you may find some space. Putting it onto the steering column may be a problem because you will block the speedo and gauges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts