Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Considering new and used car prices right now, you could dump $1000.00 in it and still make out. Glad you got it fixed. Hopefully this takes care of the problem for good. I like to try to use OEM parts as much as I can (if price allows) especially on electrical parts. Seen many aftermarket parts that were junk right from the box.
Carvana offered me like $6500 for it. If we could possibly afford a new car I would probably sell it but miss it. This thing has been a beast for me. Also I called around to be autopart stores in my area and they wanted $400+ for the pump. Couldn’t believe that. Ordered the OEM from Amazon for $100

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I believe the OP has to actually install the part and drive before both the OP and the rest of us know that.
It’s running and driving. Drove 30 miles to work this morning. The first time it broke down it took 3 weeks til the second. Second break down to the third took about 1 week. Hopefully with replacing the pump again it won’t break down. I’ll update again in a few days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So we have 2013. About 2-3 weeks ago it died while my wife was driving. No warnings, just lost all power. About 20-30 minutes later it started up. I drove it for the next few days and beat the hell out of it, trying to get it to duplicate the issue. Never happened. It just broke down again 20 minutes ago with no warning. I changed the fuel pump a few months ago because it was going bad. Any ideas what it could be?
I had a very similar problem with my 2013 soul. Some times it would not start or it would die at stop sign. It would start latter and run ok. I searched the internet and found many people spending a lot of money on mechanics who had little luck. It was the crankshaft position sensor. The reason it does not set an error code is that the computer thinks the engine is stopped normally, not due to a problem . The computer sees zero RPM and cuts the fuel. The sensor is in the lower front of the engine and is cheep at amazon (20 dollars) (Tamkken) and took me 30 minutes to replace. It's been fine for 5 months now.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts