Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hi almost snap in UK they ended Gen 1 with special shaker Models with lots of extras as standard.
18" wheels
Front fogs
Back up camera with screen in mirror
Repeater led in door mirrors.
Two tone dash board and seats.
I think it was MY13
It was not a colour I was looking for and with a dealer I said I would never use again but fell for car.

Jeff

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought a cheap one phone holder for about 2 bucks.

But the suction cup did not want to hold tightly at any plastic surfaces.

Googled this issue and discovered that i am not the one with the problem. Guys boiling the suction cups in the sodium, oiling them with whatever...

Here is my practical experience.

1. Applied the dry suction cup. Did not hold at all.

2. Slavered and applied. Held abot 5-10 mins.

3. Oiled with silicone lubricant. Held about a day.

4. Oiled with brake fluid (founded it under the hood :) ) and it still holds tightly during the week!!!

Hope I will be happy enough not to use last "heavy arms" argument - oiling it with garlic :)

And did you guys have such experience and what was the remedy?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got towing bar installed last Friday.

It is local made replica of original one. Good quality, costs about 50 bucks and about 25 bucks for installation at the garage service.

Unfortunately metal pad for electric connector was lost. Seller already has sent it to me for token USD 1, but needed to plan additional visit to service or would do it myself nearest holydays.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did a test drive of Mont Blanc Tow Quick, 2 bike carrier towing bar ball mount. Bought it for about USD 80. Very satisfied with the type of mount and the carrier itself. Neither carriage on the roof, nor carriage in the trunk cannot reach even a bit comfort of use of this carrier.

Videos

Can also post some pics if anyone is interesed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are some interesting pics. How the offset of a bike from the width of a car looks in the rear mirrors and how the carrier fits the trunk.

Left

Right

Trunk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Made a rear suspension lift mod today.

Added rubber spacers between the rear spring and its seat on the body.

The spacers actually designed for classic VAZ 2101 - 2107, but fit perfectly Soul's springs. Cost about 5,00 USD on local market.

The procedure is similar to procedure of springs replacement. Lifted the rear with two jacks, took off the wheels. Unscrewed the bolt which hold the shock on both sides, pulled down the axle, pulled out the springs. Put off a stock rubber spacer from the spring, put on an new one, and put all together in reverse order.

As a result I have 400mm between the center of wheel and the top of wheel arch.

Here are some pics of the process and actual look with the full tank of diesel and some stuff in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hi Wile_e the UK 2013 1.6 Crdi all have discs front and rear with the drum at rear solely for the parking break.
What do you use in rod rings to stop icing up?
Hope you said silicone grease, there are some very thick silicone greases used to aid Vacuum seals may work on Phone holder.
I have cover on that compartment and put my Tomtom base in there it does not stick so wedge down with foam pad.

Jeff

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both gas and diesel Gen1 in all trims had rear drums without disks in our country. Maybe some limited trims had rear discs. Many car makers put drums instead of discs, I consider they do such because they are allowed to sell this anachronism in our country due to weak laws and a number of consumers who look at price as a first reason to buy a car.

Thanks for tip about silicone grease, will try it on occasion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts