Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone-

quick question, is there supposed to be a seatbelt warning chime for the passenger seat? In my vehicle, there is a chime for the drivers seatbelt, but not for the passenger; my wife often complains about it when I point out that she hasn't been wearing her seatbelt while we are driving..... and I guess the follow up question would be, if there is supposed to be one, why wouldn't it be working? Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,168 Posts
don't think there is, just the warning light to indicate the passenger hasn't buckled up. I used to own a 2012 and I'm just about positive it was the same for that year too.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Bells and whistles?

I've provided my passenger with a seat belt extender, and I insist that they "Buckle UP!" before I even start the engine.

Here's just one source of a rigid seat belt extender.
https://www.amazon.com/Rigid-Car-Seat-Belt-Extender/dp/B005JZD6KM

The standard seat belt buckle is so far down that when a large person gets in the car, they are practically sitting on it.
Buckling up can be difficult. Add a heavy winter coat to that, and it's almost impossible to fasten the seat belt.

Around here, it's "Click It or Ticket".

Good Luck,
FLHamster :cool:

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,168 Posts
Thank you both for your responses, I always buckle up as soon as I get in any car, my wife not so much:)
if my wife doesn't buckle up before we pull out of the driveway then I stop the car till she does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts