Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2012 soul base auto about 2 weeks ago. After I made the deal I went out to look at the cars they had on the lot (I was waiting for a dealer trade for my vehicle) and noticed that the vehicle I test drove had a small amount of condensation on the passenger side headlight. And today with all the rain we have been having I noticed my vehicle is doing the same thing.

Is this happening to anybody else out there? I hope the dealer is going to be willing to fix this and not tell me that it is not a big deal.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,071 Posts
this can happen under certain circumstances and is not a defect a TSB was issued with this regard some time ago to cover the whole KIA range. Here is copies of the two pages on this situation and now to clear it.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Happend to me too on my 2012. I asked the dealer a few months ago about it and they said they were aware but as long as its not pooling water inside they wouldn't do the replacement.

However, I went again when I had an oil change done and showed them again, it was a cold day and they did a complimentary car wash, so the lamp was almost masked in condensation, while the other lamp was completely fine. They ordered me a new lamp housing, should be getting it this week.

Some Pics:
Passanger lamp condensation:
IMG_3602.jpg

If you look close you can see the seal is bubbling:
IMG_3603.jpg

What it should look like! (My unaffected driver side lamp)
IMG_3604.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts