Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not my car, but I was changing the brake lights and wanted to test the reverse lights as well, so I put the parking brake on, and shifted into reverse, and when I let off the brake pedal the car started moving. Is this normal?

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you have rear drum brakes, how far up does the handle pull? Should only go a few clicks. Could be your rear brakes need to be adjusted. Or another possibility, the e brake cables could be stretched.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
775 Posts
This is not my car, but I was changing the brake lights and wanted to test the reverse lights as well, so I put the parking brake on, and shifted into reverse, and when I let off the brake pedal the car started moving. Is this normal?

Welcome wyokia55!

To get the most out of these forums take a moment to read through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), page if you haven't already done so.

Also be sure to fill out your Signature with the year/trim/mileage/add-ons of your Soul along with your location. (you can use my signature as an example) This will help us to immediately know some basic information about your car that you won't need to repeat–plus you can add a photo to show off your ride. 😁

Enjoy your stay!

—Kerig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts