Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I backed into a tree yesterday (I know, dumb) but anyhow, the bumper skin on the left side was creased pretty bad. I straightened it out fairly well for now, and luckily no metal damage occured.

I am looking for a 2012 Soul bumper cover. Are they available yet? Please advise.

Kurt

P.S Bright Silver is my color....

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
depending on the damage many body shops do plastic repairs at a portion of the cost of replacing the complete bumper.

Why would you think they wouldn't be available.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
sorry to hear that, you sound to have got off lightly with no metal damage. Hope you can source a replacement quickly, the blind spots on the Soul are a bugga and take some adjusting to.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Sorry to hear about the conflict with the tree. The plastic bumper cover is Really thin and is a bit hard to work with. However, when I had a similar incident with my Soul - a body shop acquaintance was able to fix the crack and pant for $400. Replacing the bumper cover and matching paint was quoted at another body shop @ $1,200.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, $1200! For that you can probably buy the part, the paint, a compressor and a paint gun to fix it yourself!...and have all the equipment to do it again, if ever necessary.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Wow, $1200! For that you can probably buy the part, the paint, a compressor and a paint gun to fix it yourself!...and have all the equipment to do it again, if ever necessary.
Yep.....that's why I did not even think about coming back to that shop ...lol :). Just think some drivers just go ahead and say "ok" and have it done for that price. That's why our insuance rates are so high.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts