Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
2012 Kia Soul second owner. My niece was 1st.
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, bought my soul from my niece (1st owner) who took really good care of it. Had it for 2yrs now kept up on tires, oil, filters, but every now and then since August while in drive at a red light or while idling in park it will die. All normal lights in dashboard come on. Go to re-start and it’ll crank 2/3 times(unusual) but starts, no warning lights, I go to drive it but there’s hardly any power and the RPM is zero. No warning light. So I turned it off. My bro-n-law had it towed to his mechanic. Kept for a week came back with new tires.?! Yep. Ran perfect. Month later I get in and it cranks 2/3 times rough. I turned off. Re-start it purred like a kitten. Drives good for a week dies at red light. No lights. It’s so damn hard to explain to everyone. It’s never left me stranded but I’m not comfy driving it. I drive 50 miles a day about 4/5 days a week 2/3 days it sits in the drive way. 70 mph straight down a highway. ✌

4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No RPM's would point me to a Crank Sensor, if no codes.
Does it act up out the blue ... every now and then.
Crank sensor ... have to get owner manual.... is that in the steering column? Thanks for getting back with me. So fast

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No RPM's would point me to a Crank Sensor, if no codes.
Hi, I spoke to family and heard to look at recalls for my year and guess what popped up for recall!!!! Yaaasss that part has been recalled. Thank you ✨🌞✨ Thank you ✨🌞✨ so much. I’ll come back with update.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nothing like the people on this forum for help; congrats!! I belong to a Lionel forum - yet another bunch of good people to help with problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Crank sensor would not restart or throw a code if it did. Crank sensors usually go out when they get hot if they're acting up but not always.
So I had a similar problem with one that went to a couple of shops and would not act up or they couldn't find anything wrong. It was finally at one shop and it acted up and there was no fuel, they replaced the fuel pump and all was well for a week or so till it happened again. The shop replaced the fuel pump again. All was well for another week or two and then it happened again. Armed with this information and assuming the shop verified that there was no fuel pressure and the symptoms sound like a fuel problem just like yours do, I went ahead and inspected the wiring. What I found was a loose pin right inside the connector at the fuel pump. Replaced the connector and all was well. So what I am guessing, because I don't have your car in front of me, is that this sounds like a fuel delivery problem and that problem can be anywhere. If you go to a shop and tell them you have an intermittent issue and give them your symptoms and are willing to pay them to spend an hour or 2 looking for a loose connection you might just get this resolved. If you want to try it yourself, one of the cheapest tool from the Snap On truck is a pin tension gauge and that is what any shop would use to test connectors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts