Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Damn i new i should have waited,those lights are wicked :( but then again i wouldn't be enjoying my Soul for many months :)

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
difficult to tell, but it dosent look much different bodily. Hopefully it is just minor superficial additions and the styling will not be spoilt.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
The statement of "nothing different under the hood" kind of blows the notion of a 2.4 liter engine, eh? I suspect it'll still have the same engine and transmission as the models so far.

Minor changes. That's a good thing. Don't want to ruin a unique and funky look. Looks like four headlights instead of two. I like that.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The statement of "nothing different under the hood" kind of blows the notion of a 2.4 liter engine, eh? I suspect it'll still have the same engine and transmission as the models so far.

Minor changes. That's a good thing. Don't want to ruin a unique and funky look. Looks like four headlights instead of two. I like that.
Most likely they're like other projectors and have the small ones as the low beams and the larger ones as the high beams. I would bet they don't both work at the same time.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Most likely they're like other projectors and have the small ones as the low beams and the larger ones as the high beams. I would bet they don't both work at the same time.

I've never seen a car with four headlights that only uses two on high beam. The low beam headlight is likely the outside one, and when you switch to high beam both will be on.

I like the LED look too. Count me as surprised they're sticking with the same engines and trannies as now. I thought for sure there would be a 5 or 6 speed AT.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't see much different other than maybe different types of lights.

Call me old-fashioned, but those new-fangled types of lights have never been a major point of excitement for me.

Even though this article says there won't be changes under the hood, Kia-Buzz informally said the 2012 will get the 6-spd transmissions. The upgraded trans would be the major item of lust for me.

I'm also curious what they'll do to the interior. The center console (cup holder/e-brake area) and armrest definately needs an upgrade. They should give the Soul something like what is in the Forte 5-door - a nice leather or vinyl upholstered armrest and some shiny black plastic and chrome trim around the cupholders. I'm normally not too big on shiny plastics and chrome, but a small amount around the center console would look a lot better than the plain black plastic we currently have in the Soul.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I seriously don't believe that the engines and tranny (especially the tranny) will stay the same.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
thanks for the link, not that you can see much, but its the 2012 model that has my interest as a possible purchase.

As this is European info and they have different engines to North America, I can see changes for this side of the Atlantic in this regards. Maybe the Forte 2.0L engine for example or the new 1.8L used in the new Elantra as they should be getting away from timing belts.
Will be interested in see what the upgraded interior entails.

Good chance we should see this model at the NY auto show in April.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
I'm hoping they'll offer a stripped-down model that offers things like power windows and locks and satellite radio and sound "systems" as options instead of standard equipment. For some reason base models nowadays are anything but base.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts