Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

2012 Kia Soul 2.0L 6Speed with upgraded sound system

874 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Rozey66 
#1 ·
Greetings everybody!

I purchased my 2012 Soul in 2014 with 33,000mi. I was looking for something with a lot of interior space (moving tools/ materials/ moving to and from school), decent engine displacement, and an automatic with the option for gear selection.
The Soul had everything I was looking for plus it's a good looking vehicle.

She just hit 90,000mi and there are a lot of things that I've grown to love about it.

My Soul has been damn good to me these past 4-1/2 years. I've been taking extra good care of her (regular maintenance, fuel additives, waxing, etc) and would love to keep it around indefinitely.

I'm an audiophile and the stock sound system radio was actually pretty decent, but I decided to treat myself and install a bumping sound system.

I ran 4ga power from the battery, through the firewall grommet, through the center console to a 5-channel Soundstream 2000W class D amplifier.
Running signal from my Pioneer DEH-80PRS in network configuration so that I can tune the tweeters, mids, and sub individually.
Channel 1 = Left Tweeters (Front/rear) (Rockford Fosgate Punch 1" 4ohm) in parallel 2ohm@125W_RMS.
Channel 2 = Right Tweeters (Front/rear) (Rockford Fosgate Punch 4ohm) in parallel 2ohm@125W_RMS.
Channel 3 = Left Mids (Front/rear) (Cerwin Vega 2-way 6.5" 4ohm) in parallel 2ohm@125W_RMS.
Channel 4 = Right Mids (Front/rear) (Cerwin Vega 2-way 6.5" 4ohm) in parallel 2ohm@125W_RMS.
Channel 5 = Rockford Fosgate Punch P3D4-10 Dual Voice Coil in parallel 2ohm@500W_RMS.

I was impressed with relative ease of install and the stock sound dampening.

I can talk more about it and my experience later, but in short, I love my car.
Been lurking around the forums for tips and wouldn't mind contributing when I can.
Cheers!

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
Welcome F-bomb & congrats on your good Soul experience. I think alot of people don't know just how great this vehicle is. Well made, comfortable & has super utility, above its class.

Hopefully you can take it to 200,000 miles :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.