Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 Kia Optima stopped on the freeway with a flashing check engine light. When I pulled over, I could not accelerate past 10-15 mph. Although I could start it. I had it towed to a mechanic and it was giving a knock sensor and cam sensor code. He changed all sensors and gave it a tune up with spark plug replacement. Check engine light is still flashing and still giving the same codes. Mechanic has tried to reset the system without success so far. Any ideas of what this could be and what to do to fix it? Thanks a lot 馃檹馃徏

Registered
You should have towed it to the dealer. Your Optima has an unlimited mileage engine warranty covered under pi1802 campaign. The flashing light is code p1326 which means your car had the ECM update installed. The dealer will perform a bearing clearance test and if it passes will install new software or replace the knock sensor (hope your mechanic put on a genuine Kia part for warranty) If it fails the bearing test they will replace your engine.

Registered
2012 Soul. Newbie here. Can use all the tips and help I can get
Great information!
I just purchased a 2012 Soul with the 2.0 (?)
How can I find out if mine has this update? I pick it up Tuesday, I do believe he has a Carfax report.
Thanks in advance.
RR

Registered
Great information!
I just purchased a 2012 Soul with the 2.0 (?)
How can I find out if mine has this update? I pick it up Tuesday, I do believe he has a Carfax report.
Thanks in advance.
RR
The Optima uses a different engine.

There aren鈥檛 any engine recalls for the 2012 Soul 2.0L that I am aware of, however there is one for the 1.6L (catalytic converter) so I don鈥檛 think that ecm update applies to your 2.0L engine.

If you want to see if your have any open recalls, you can enter your vin here or on this website to check.

Registered
My 2012 Kia Optima stopped on the freeway with a flashing check engine light. When I pulled over, I could not accelerate past 10-15 mph. Although I could start it. I had it towed to a mechanic and it was giving a knock sensor and cam sensor code. He changed all sensors and gave it a tune up with spark plug replacement. Check engine light is still flashing and still giving the same codes. Mechanic has tried to reset the system without success so far. Any ideas of what this could be and what to do to fix it? Thanks a lot 馃檹馃徏
It鈥檚 the crankshaft position sensor. Have him out another in it if he replaced it ( for real).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts