Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for a 2012 ! And they are finally arriving at my local dealers (Nor. Cal.)

Drove one yesterday and loved everything about it except the headliner - it, and the pillars, are the same grey as in the +, which doesn't seem to go with the sand/houndstooth interior :(

I searched the forum and did not find any comments about this. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone else care? And was this also the case for the 2011 !'s? I *thought* those had a beige headliner.

Probably being too picky but it bugs me.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Too picky. If there was something I would want different on my Exclaim it would be the hounds tooth on the top of the seats and the headrests. They don't really do it for me and seem out of character for the persona of the car - more of a granny look.

I've been kicking around the idea of changing the upper seat part to a solid tan color to match the top of the dash and the headrest covers to match the lower part of the seats.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I never even noticed the headliner difference. It is more of a gray color but I think it looks fine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there was something I would want different on my Exclaim it would be the hounds tooth on the top of the seats and the headrests.

I've been kicking around the idea of changing the upper seat part to a solid tan color to match the top of the dash and the headrest covers to match the lower part of the seats.
So, pretty much the color scheme of the leather Exclaim package?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
^^ Yes Leather or cloth .... 10's 11's and 12's are the same in this respect .... I had a 2010 Exclaim , and now a 2012 the headliner and upper pillars are exactly the same color .... Never really thought about it either way myself

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
a neutral colour is good, I think it looks fine, its not as if I'm laying back staring at it all the time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Too picky. If there was something I would want different on my Exclaim it would be the hounds tooth on the top of the seats and the headrests. They don't really do it for me and seem out of character for the persona of the car - more of a granny look.
I couldn't agree more. I love my 'soul' cloth seats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts