Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I'm a prospective Soul buyer and trying to get more information on this brown 2012 shown at
I love the two tone black/brown leather interior as well... but I'm not seeing any options like this on kia's site. Did they ax the brown exterior as well as interior options? Did the brown interior option EVER exist? It seems like all you can do is select "Premium Package" without any mention of leather color options. Can anyone fill me in? Thanks.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That is the Canyon color.. It will more than likely be a special edition color later in the model year.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Depends on what country you are in. Canada has a colour called Saddle Brown, which is a red-brown. USA used to have Java and is supposed to get Canyon Brown, but it has not surfaced yet. US colours are terrible this year. Looks like Kia ran out of paint and went forraging in the back room for left overs. Sinabu is likely correct that Canyon will show up in a special edition model, perhaps called the "Canyonero"???? Anyone remember the jingle?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Can you name the truck with 4 wheel drive, smells like a steak and seats 35... Canyonero!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
NICE! Love the Canyonero episode. As for the Kia Soul Canyonero Special Ed, well we'll just have to hope.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
I saw the Saddle Brown in person today on a Soul 2u at my dealership and I have to say the photos make it look reddish as was mentioned but it didn't look that way in person, I would say it is exactly the same as that Canyon brown that was suppose to be in the US.

I took photos of the car and when I got home, the pictures look a bit on the reddish side, strange bit like the variation in the colour on the Misty Green. The Saddle Brown is a metallic pearl paint, but the Misty Green is a straight metallic.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
these two vehicles are the same colour - Saddle Brown

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe that what you saw was the 2012 "Red Rock" special edition. I tried to find one this summer, but was told that they were sold out (or my local dealers were too lazy to find one). I bought a 13 Moss instead and love it, but that brown ext / two tone int. was sweet!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes, I agree...that looks like the RedRock special edition...Kia Motors sure didn't evidently make a lot of them because they sure sold fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts