Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to get your take on this before i dive in tomorrow. i put a hitch and trailer light harness on the soul a few months back and just got to use it to haul a few small trailer loads of wood today for the first time ever. checked all the lights after plugging in the harness and the tail lights on the car and trailer worked together just fine this morning. on the way to drop off my last load i noticed that my TCS light came on and stayed on. i continued on to my destination and dropped off the trailer. on my way home another driver on the road told me my brake lights werent working. well they were this morning... i stopped in front of a glass front store and checked my lights via the mirrors and sure enough no brakes. car off and back on, no change to brakes or TCS light. i checked every single fuse under the hood and in the driver side door. none popped. i pulled the tail lights and checked the bulbs. no issues. i unplugged the trailer wiring harness from the car's tail light harness and plugged the tails in as they were stock. no change. frustrated i HULK STOMPED the brake pedal and to my surprise the brake lights worked. after that they worked fine for a bit and then quit again. hulk stomp and they work again. then quit then hulk and repeat. after doing this about 10 times they continued to work fine while i pumped the brakes in front of the window for about 5 minutes. i made a bee line to the house before they quit again and after just a few minutes of driving i watched the TCS light go out finally. WTF? which is why i suspect the two are connected. any ideas?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you! read up on the recall and the symptoms that it describes cover my issues to the finest detail. calling kia this morning to see if they will replace it for free under the recall or if I'm doing it in the driveway.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Kia was going to do mine free, but the schedule my appointment 3 weeks from the time I called. Not having brake lights for an additional 3 weeks didn't sound good to me, so I ended up doing my own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts