Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There may be some post already answering my question but I can not find it. Last month I bought a 2011 Kia Soul with that rolled over 3000 miles as I drove home. It is a base model with a stick shift transmission. Although it has power windows and locks it does not have keyless entry. I was used to this on my old car so now that I don't it is very annoying. I was looking into getting one installed and I found one on Ebay. It is uncut flip remote fob transmitter. Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-KIA...ke:Kia|Model:Soul&hash=item1c2a555146&vxp=mtr I was wondering if I took this to my dealer, locksmith or even geek squad could they just program it to work or did I need wires and such. It seems to me that since the doors are already power locks that it should just tie right in.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
I already have a keyless entry model, so just speculating but wouldn't it need a receiver on the car to function and also it would have to be synchronize between the two for it to work.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Don't do it. I already looked into this myself. The keyless and non-keyless use 2 different Body Control Modules (BCM), so having the fob itself is useless without the BCM.

You could change the BCM but it would be cheaper to get an aftermarket keyless entry installed.

There may be some post already answering my question but I can not find it. Last month I bought a 2011 Kia Soul with that rolled over 3000 miles as I drove home. It is a base model with a stick shift transmission. Although it has power windows and locks it does not have keyless entry. I was used to this on my old car so now that I don't it is very annoying. I was looking into getting one installed and I found one on Ebay. It is uncut flip remote fob transmitter. Here is the link New Kia Soul Uncut Blade Flip Remote Key Keyless Entry Fob Transmitter Entry | eBay I was wondering if I took this to my dealer, locksmith or even geek squad could they just program it to work or did I need wires and such. It seems to me that since the doors are already power locks that it should just tie right in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts