Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!

I’ve recently come into ownership of a 2011 Soul, and I’ve run into a problem I’ve never seen before. While I’m in neutral, I’ll occasionally just stall. When I restart the engine, the tachometer will no longer function, and the engine will buck after a certain speed (75 mph), and never accelerate past that speed. Is this a common issue?

I’ve taken it into a mechanic, but I’ve just heard back from them, and they were unable to replicate the issue, which sounds crazy, because I’ve been having this issue nearly every day.

Any feedback anyone could provide would be supremely helpful!

EDIT: I took it upon myself to replace the crankshaft sensor (which is insanely easy to do, there are a ton of YouTube tutorials on it, so once you find it, it takes about 15-20minutes), and that has fixed the issue. My car not only hasn’t been stalling, but it’s been running smoother, starts easier, and has a bit more pep than it did before swapping the sensor. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,762 Posts
Intermittent Stalling
If the crankshaft position sensor or its wiring have any issues, it can cause the crankshaft signal to be cut off while the engine is running, which can cause the engine to stall. This is usually a sign of a wiring problem. However, a bad crankshaft position sensor can also produce this symptom.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts