Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am attempting an alarm install on my 2011 Kia Soul and have had a difficult time trying to interpret which wires I can tap into. I have one diagram from commando car alarms that state the bulk of the wires I need are in a 26-pin white harness in the driver kick-panel. Being that there are so many white harnesses in the driver kick panel, I have no clue which one contains what I need. I tried testing a few of the wire down there that match the colors I need, but none seemed to respond.

Then I found another diagram from the12volt.com that indicated I should tap into the wire at the BCM on the passenger side behind the glove box. I think I found the domelight supervision wire there, but still can't seem to find the door triggers or the lock/unlock wires.

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to tap in, or which specific harness in the driver kick panel has what I need? Also, some diagrams state that there is a single wire for door triggers while others imply that all 4 individual triggers need to be wired together.

Thanks in advance. I am feeling defeated after going at this for two days.

Bill

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

So I found the following thread from 6~ years ago that kind of touches on this. From this I did find the lock/unlock wires near the back of the fuse box. Can anyone confirm if there really is no single wire for unlock? Do we need to bridge the "driver" unlock and "other doors" as stated in the original post?

My wiring appears to be subtly different from the photos in that post (colors of wires are off). So at this point I still need to door triggers and the trunk release (optional but figured why not). From the other post, it sounds like the door triggers need to be wired together as well. Hoping I can find a single wire, but I will take what I can get.

Any help provided is much appreciated. I would love to get this thing buttoned up and back on the road.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So I will admit, this feels a little bit like talking to myself. I know people have done this before. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is where I am at...

I have all the door triggers and the hatch trigger wired at the BCM and working. I connected the trunk release, however it is pretty useless as it only pops the trunk ajar. Power lock/unlock is working great now that I bridged the "driver" and "all other doors" wires together.

The issue now is the light flash. I initially used the pink wire at the headlight switch per many diagrams I saw. This seems to only flash the rear tail lights. I was hoping to be able to flash the hazards for the alarm so you could easily spot the car from a parking lot or verify it locked when walking away. Does anyone know if there is a single wire that I can provide - or + output to in order to flash the hazards all together? I am willing to tap from the BCM, the fuse panel, or the hazard switch itself. Otherwise it sounds like I would need diodes to connect the flashers at each side. Not really sure where I could buy diodes in my small town.

Thanks again,

Bill

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I stumbled my way through this. Figured I would document this for others since going at it with no help is not fun.

These are the notes I have for a base model 2011 1.6. There is a lot of info, but I found my wiring was different in a lot of ways likely due to difference in engine type and year.

Trunk release: BCM A5 - Green/Blue Wire (kinda pointless but hey why not) (-)
12V Constant: Ignition Harness - White or Red (+)
Ignition Input: Ignition Harness - Pink (+)
Door Trigger: BCM C13 - Green (All 4 Doors) (-)
Instant Trigger: BCM C14 - Orange (Rear Tailgate/Hatch) (-)
Domelight Supervision: BCM A1 - Light Blue (needs a 775 relay but worth it) (-)
Light Flash Output: Hazard Switch - Green and Blue (need to diode isolate the wires) (+)
Unlock Output: BCM A24 and A26 - B/Orange and Brown (Wire together so all door unlock at once. If these are bridged, all doors including the tailgate should unlock together) (-)
Lock Output: BCM A23 - Red/Orange (locks all 5 doors) (-)

The BCM is pretty easy to get to once the glove box is removed. I installed the Viper 3305v which unfortunately did not incorporate the factory horn. But if yours does I believe the wire is the gray (-) wire in the blue 39-pin plug in the drive kick panel region.

Hopefully this makes it easier for anyone else that takes this on. It seems like responses to threads in this channel are starting to die off. :(

·
Registered
554 Posts
Good on you for posting your solution. (y)

Maybe it will help someone down the road.
My car has an alarm. I think if I didn't and wanted one, I would have someone do it.
Sounds like a pita job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts