Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my current Kia Soul Sport! for almost 6 years now. Overall, the car has been fantastic and very reliable with the correct maintenance. Great car for the value. The only issue now is the driver side door. The automatic door lock has been sticking when wet or cold. This has caused issues opening the door after unlocking, but for the past couple months, the door has randomly unlatched and opened while I was driving. This was also reported in the 2011 Kia Sorento at the beginning of 2018. I did some research and found that the part that was replaced by the recall was the exact same part that is bad on my car, yet my car was not part of the recall. I went to the Kia dealership that I bought the car from and was told that there was nothing they could do to fix the issue under the recall. I would have to pay for the diagnostic of the door and the repair. I refuse to spend around $500 to fix an issue that was recalled on another Kia model for the same issue. Any guidance on this would be most appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
You expect Kia to fix a door lock switch on an 8 year old car? Go to the junkyard and get the replacement switch and replace it. If you can't do it yourself take it to a car stereo shop and they will do it for the labor charge.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have owned my current Kia Soul Sport! for almost 6 years now. Overall, the car has been fantastic and very reliable with the correct maintenance. Great car for the value. The only issue now is the driver side door. The automatic door lock has been sticking when wet or cold. This has caused issues opening the door after unlocking, but for the past couple months, the door has randomly unlatched and opened while I was driving. This was also reported in the 2011 Kia Sorento at the beginning of 2018. I did some research and found that the part that was replaced by the recall was the exact same part that is bad on my car, yet my car was not part of the recall. I went to the Kia dealership that I bought the car from and was told that there was nothing they could do to fix the issue under the recall. I would have to pay for the diagnostic of the door and the repair. I refuse to spend around $500 to fix an issue that was recalled on another Kia model for the same issue. Any guidance on this would be most appreciated.
Happens to my 2011 when it was still under warranty. They ended up replacing the body harness. High end repair. I can’t remember exactly but around $1500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts