Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My unit shows version 3.0 for firmware
Bluetooth worked okay with my old Iphone XR. Upgraded to iphone 12 and I have to repair every 3 or 4 starts

if there is a firmware update and you have a link to the file that would be great. Haven't found one yet.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Looks like US and Canada S/W are different (different end letters). I had my Soul in dealership last year (replace the A/C compressor) but they didn't say anything about a software upgrade. On owners.kia.com there is no notification either.

PS: I have XM radio on my 2011 Soul ! model, don't know if is avail in Canada. Also I have 3 languages - US English, Spanish and French.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like US and Canada S/W are different (different end letters). I had my Soul in dealership last year (replace the A/C compressor) but they didn't say anything about a software upgrade.

PS: I have XM radio on my 2011 Soul ! model, don't know if is avail in Canada. Also I have 3 languages - US English, Spanish and French.
I had XM radio and get it every so often when they have free weekends. . What phone do you have paired via bluetooth and do you have any issues?

·
Registered
684 Posts
My wife had paired until now Moto X Pure and a Pixel 3XL. Daily driver now on that car is the Pixel 3XL but she didn't complain on either phones.
I had at times also connected my Samsung Galaxy phones (S7Edge, S9, S10, S20) and never had connection issues... but that's not my daily driver.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My unit shows version 3.0 for firmware
Bluetooth worked okay with my old Iphone XR. Upgraded to iphone 12 and I have to repair every 3 or 4 starts

if there is a firmware update and you have a link to the file that would be great. Haven't found one yet.
If it was working fine with your old phone, no software/firmware update for the radio is going to fix the issue with your new phone.
Make sure your iPhone 12 is running the latest version of iOS, 14.3 is the latest as of December 13, 2020.

You might also need to do Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

1 - 11 of 11 Posts