Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's Soul is now sorta stuck in "Acquiring Signal" mode and will briefly make a sound here and there. It started off with awful signal one day and then the next it was about gone. I have spoke with SiriusXM and it appears my antenna crapped out.

Of course the warranty on the radio ends at 36k miles and we have 39k......sigh...

I called the dealer today and they gave me a part number of 962502K301 for the base with a price of $257.68 (ouch)

That number doesn't seem to search out anywhere online but I do see a 962502K000, which happens to have the same price listed.
ANTENNA ASSEMBLY - COMBINATION made by Kia. #962502K000

Can anyone tell me the correct number for our car?

We have a 2011 White Tiger SE

Thank you!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I contacted a few resellers and it appears the K000 is correct.

Now............has anyone replaced one? Does the WHOLE headliner need to drop to get at it?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I contacted a few resellers and it appears the K000 is correct.

Now............has anyone replaced one? Does the WHOLE headliner need to drop to get at it?
According to ALLDATA, no. You just have to pull down the rear portion and reach up in there, disconnect the cable, and remove the mounting nut. They have it down as an 0.5 hour job, so it shouldn't be that big a deal.

Richard

·
Registered
22 Posts
According to ALLDATA, no. You just have to pull down the rear portion and reach up in there, disconnect the cable, and remove the mounting nut. They have it down as an 0.5 hour job, so it shouldn't be that big a deal.

Richard
Any chance you can post a pic or something that gives clues as to how to do this?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up getting a used one today from a local yard a buddy works at. Wish I could have been the "remover" to see how things work without caring about the car lol.

The way the headliner tucks into the sides has me concerned, there are 2 plastic pins in the rear that need to pop out, but don't feel like they will come without snapping either, hmmm

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it was more than just lowering the headliner, it won't come down without removing the side plastics.
Was a pita but I got it done and it was the antenna.

Reactions: Buzz

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I sent the photo to a friend via Text and he thought we got rearended LOL

·
Registered
83 Posts
So I know this is an older thread, but any idea what the cause of this was?

My wife's 2011 started this, so I brought it to the dealer. Seems that even though the radio warranty expired, the antenna was still covered under the 5yr/60k as they are replacing it under warranty.

However my mothers Sorento is having the same issue, and I am wondering if it is the frequent use of the local car wash as we are all members of the "carwash club".

Shouldn't these antenna be sealed from water getting into them? Or is it just bad luck that it crapped out on 2 vehicles?

·
Registered
546 Posts
by the looks of things it was moisture, that would explain all of the rust and corrosion. It does have a rubber seal but if i were putting one on myself i would open it and run a bead of silicone around it to help seal things up a bit more. both of mine still work for now but we dont subscribe to sat radio so i wouldnt notice right away if it quit anyway.

If your carwash is the high pressure touchless variety it very well could be whats causing it. Its hard to keep high pressure water out of places its not supposed to be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am now also part of the "Carwash Club" but the problem is that the antenna snapped off with the top of the black base which includes the section that the mast threads into the base. Parts that are gone (covered in red) I know the screw in mast is easy to get but there is no longer anything to screw it into.
2.jpg

When I look into the hole where the threads formerly where I can see the this (where the arrow is pointing to)
1.jpg

If I put a nail or something in there that bridges those two parts my reception is pretty good. I was thinking about getting a shark fin cover and just putting the eyelet attachment that threads onto the mast section into that piece. Like this:
3.jpg

Really stupid I know but it seems like a decent and much less expensive and time consuming option... any thoughts? Is there any way to get the antenna base off without removing the headliner? All the internals are good just the crappy plastic surrounding bit busted.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My antenna ended up being replaced under the 5 yr/60 k warranty, but I also thought about a shark fin.

My concern was that putting something over the stock antenna could cause moisture in between the fin and antenna as I am sure the seal wouldn't be 100% water tight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts