Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO was was looking through here to see if anyone had done this MOD before and couldn't find it for my year let alone anyone who has done it, so here's how I swapped out my stock shifter knob.

First there are two screws in the front of the stock knob kind of under neath. Once you take those out you can pull the knob up but it's attached to the shifter boot which is attached to the silver bezel.

IMG_2787.jpg

I used large flathead screwdriver with some cloth wrapped around the tip and placed it under the inside of the bezel lip (shifter boot area) and gave it some pressure and POP! it came undone!

IMG_2789.jpg

Next be careful removing it because it has a clip for the lights on the "gear Indicator" next to the shift.

IMG_2790.jpg

Once you unclip that you can slide the whole this off.

IMG_2788.jpg

Turn the boot inside out to see the underside of the shift knob thats attached to the boot. This has some plastic tabs that you need to depress to be able to pop the knob free.
IMG_2791.jpg
IMG_2792.jpg

Once thats removed you can instal the AT shift adaptor kit (I'll ad a link at the end). What this kit does is it changes your shift lock out from the side button to a push-down shift. It's a two piece slide.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The set screw also acts as the slide stop.

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

You set the adaptor onto the shift lever and press it down about a quarter of an inch, just enough to engage the push down lever (tan plastic arm inside of the shift lever) then tighten the set screw.

Replace boot/bezel. Now the boot will just flop down so what I did was I took the chrome ring off the bottom of the stock knob and glued it to the top of the boot. Then I glued the top of the chrome ring to the bottom of the slid shift adaptor.

IMG_2797.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,774 Posts
That's ghoultastic sammy. Nice job!

·
Registered