Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... now it's high time for me to introduce my first car ever, a 2010 Kia Soul, which I call "The refrigerator". It's a European "XL" edition, fitted with a 1.6-litre, 93kW petrol engine and a 5-speed manual gearbox. The car is painted into "Vanilla Shake" color, and at the moment the total mileage is about to exceed 70k km (43k mi). I've bought my Soul as a used one 3 months ago, and since then there have been no problems with the car at all - it's a lovely vehicle, perfect to use in our crowded city centre - its' turn radius is more than satisfying, and the raised suspension allows me to cross many different urban obstacles. I'm in love with this car, and am more than sure that my next vehicle will be the second-gen Soul :)

Some updates coming soon :D

DSC_2610.jpg DSC_2615.jpg DSC_2434.jpg DSC_1939-2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,004 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,142 Posts
welcome to the forum. The Vanilla Shake colour was available in here Canada back then.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,998 Posts
Witamy. Lodówka jest świetnie wyglądający samochód !

Welcome. The refrigerator is a great looking car!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"The Refirgerator" keeps on covering more and more kilometers - it's absolutely unreliable and burns a reasonable amount of fuel. As the winter is coming, and first snow is forecasted within the next few days, yesterday I decided to fit the car with smaller, 15-inch rims with winter tyres on them. New battery and spark plugs had also been installed in order to provide a trouble-free usage during the winter. In addition, as you can see in the photos, I've recently put a car DVR on the windscreen, so as I have some evidence in case of accident.

DSC_2835.jpg DSC_2834.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very nice I just purchased a 2010 as my first car in 10 years with 177k miles on it so you should be enjoying that for a long time to come!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Pat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should have written "absolutely reliable" in my post above - it's my simple mistake as in Polish we say this word the other way round. Of course there are no problems with the car at all :D

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,142 Posts
"The Refirgerator" keeps on covering more and more kilometers - it's absolutely unreliable and burns a reasonable amount of fuel. As the winter is coming, and first snow is forecasted within the next few days, yesterday I decided to fit the car with smaller, 15-inch rims with winter tyres on them. New battery and spark plugs had also been installed in order to provide a trouble-free usage during the winter. In addition, as you can see in the photos, I've recently put a car DVR on the windscreen, so as I have some evidence in case of accident.
]
if its so unreliable why are you keeping it and adding things and features too it? What's all the problems?

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
663 Posts
I've recently put a car DVR on the windscreen, so as I have some evidence in case of accident.
A lovely car. A question. It looks like the mirror is now much wider, so I am guessing that is where the DVR is. Do you find that it obstructs your vision? I have thought about such an addition, but fear that it would block my sight. Perhaps I am overly sensitive to this, my last car had a large (clip-on) mirror from its previous owner, and it blocked my vision enough that I didn't see a traffic light and was in an accident.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@dynamo, I must admit that I used to have similar concerns as you, but they turned out to be misguided - after a few days with this small thing on my windscreen I don't notice its' presence anymore. If you only want, I may send you some photos from the interior, just let me know via PM :)

if its so unreliable why are you keeping it and adding things and features too it? What's all the problems?
As i have already set the record straight, it was my language mistake. The Soul is ultra-reliable, I only keep on filling the tank and covering kilometers - in fact it's so good, that my Dad placed an order for a brand new Optima 2.0 T-GDI two weeks ago.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice looking vehicle. I also use the dash-cam. I had given video to a woman that had been run off the road. They caught the sucker that forced her off the road by use of that video. I also showed video of me going thru a "green" light when officer said it was red. Saved more than the cost of the camera. I have mine on the driver side and it is small enuff to hide behind the visor which I leave down most of the time anyway.

Nice ride, nice accessories. Congrats.

jim

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I would like to write something connected with The Refrigerator's technical side, but it is impossible, as the only problem I've experienced since November was its side mirror, that got stuck due to frost :) The Soul keeps on burning fuel (about 8 liters per 100km, which equals 29,5 MPG) and chasing the horizon. We've been together for over half a year now and I am much more than satisfied with this little Kia.

... and a single photo in winter countryside scenery of eastern Poland, where we visited our family during Christmas - of course with the Soul :)
IMG0093JP_aewshnq.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is a nice looking Soul. I just became a Soul owner, too and i have enjoyed seeing yours and reading your pride in owning and driving her.

·
Registered
186 Posts
WOW NovemberYankee Welcome to the forum. Don't worry, your English is way better than my Polish. Please keep that "refrigerator" going. It is looking fantastic. Thank you for the pictures, many of us are a little shy with a camera.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As a friend of mine was getting married last week, he had asked me to give them a ride to the church with my Soul... aaaaand I simply couldn't have refused :)

20110624_172748 - Kopia (2).jpg

During the wedding party many people approached me and kept on asking questions about the car - many of them were unable to believe that this designer "box" was manufactured by KIA and is already 7 years old ;)

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,998 Posts
As a friend of mine was getting married last week, he had asked me to give them a ride to the church with my Soul... aaaaand I simply couldn't have refused :)

View attachment 99929

During the wedding party many people approached me and kept on asking questions about the car - many of them were unable to believe that this designer "box" was manufactured by KIA and is already 7 years old ;)
Watch out Herbie, there's a new "Love Bug" in town.

This speaks volumes of your pride in ownership November Yankee. Thank you for sharing with us!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts