Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my non speaker mood lighting is no longer going through all the colors (I think there are 16). Its stuck in one color. Punch button is clicking.
Would this system have its own fuse? It was a showroom model, brand new when I got her so its factory installed...

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
627 Posts
Ok, my non speaker mood lighting is no longer going through all the colors (I think there are 16). Its stuck in one color. Punch button is clicking.
Would this system have its own fuse? It was a showroom model, brand new when I got her so its factory installed...
I couldn't find a part number for the 2010.

For the 2011-2013
Maybe the "punch button" has gone bad - in spite the button clicking and feeling / sounding like it is working.

Or I assume the lighting master controller has developed a fault and is no longer "listening" to the switch.

If you repeatedly push the "punch button" - 16 or 17 times - will the lights eventually go off when presumably you've cycled through all the colors (as far as the "punch button" knows) and reached the OFF position?

Warning may not turn back ON: If you hold in the "punch button" for a few seconds (Post #4) do the lights turn OFF?

Do they turn back ON, go to the same previous color, and still won't cycle to any other color?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldn't find a part number for the 2010.

For the 2011-2013
Maybe the "punch button" has gone bad - in spite the button clicking and feeling / sounding like it is working.

Or I assume the lighting master controller has developed a fault and is no longer "listening" to the switch.

If you repeatedly push the "punch button" - 16 or 17 times - will the lights eventually go off when presumably you've cycled through all the colors (as far as the "punch button" knows) and reached the OFF position?

Warning may not turn back ON: If you hold in the "punch button" for a few seconds (Post #4) do the lights turn OFF?

Do they turn back ON, go to the same previous color, and still won't cycle to any other color?
I was not able to turn lights off by keeping button pressed...

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
627 Posts
I was not able to turn lights off by keeping button pressed...
Hopefully simply the button has gone bad. Maybe someone will chime who knows better what else to try/test.

I assume would need to remove button, figure out what type of switch it is, buy an aftermarket (ie non-OEM) replacement, wire / splice it in, and see if it properly controls the lights.

If no change then I'm thinking the control box for these add-on accent lights has developed a fault.

On a 2015 or 2016 at a junk yard that I removed the center console from, the control box was attached (glued) to the underside of the armrest storage bin (inside the center console).

If the same with your car then could try going in through the center console rear panel, otherwise looking at removing the entire center console in order to gain access to it - to repair or replace with a new one.

In my case some of the wiring plugged into the control box via connectors, but I don't recall if all the wires did (ie. some may have been hard-wired).

Wiring in a new button switch might not be too big of a deal, but if have to go beyond that then if me I'd call it a day and just try to be happy / grateful for the one color still have. Afterall it's partially still working :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully simply the button has gone bad. Maybe someone will chime who knows better what else to try/test.

I assume would need to remove button, figure out what type of switch it is, buy an aftermarket (ie non-OEM) replacement, wire / splice it in, and see if it properly controls the lights.

If no change then I'm thinking the control box for these add-on accent lights has developed a fault.

On a 2015 or 2016 at a junk yard that I removed the center console from, the control box was attached (glued) to the underside of the armrest storage bin (inside the center console).

If the same with your car then could try going in through the center console rear panel, otherwise looking at removing the entire center console in order to gain access to it - to repair or replace with a new one.

In my case some of the wiring plugged into the control box via connectors, but I don't recall if all the wires did (ie. some may have been hard-wired).

Wiring in a new button switch might not be too big of a deal, but if have to go beyond that then if me I'd call it a day and just try to be happy / grateful for the one color still have. Afterall it's partially still working :)
YOU ARE THE BEST! I really appreciate it. Ill see what I can find :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts