Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to delete that UGLY license plate mount on the lower part of my grille. I do not need it, and it is an eyesore for the look I am going for. Has anyone done custom work or found a product to replace it? Because I am DYING to get rid of it.

I remember finding a thread on the soulhamsters forum where there is a product they bought, but that product is not available anymore. Pretty sure it was SSD....But yeah. Can't find it anymore.

So. Anything?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Tylercombs12 did this to his car, I think he just cut it out.(see attachment)
Me personally I'd cut it out then take it to a shop and have them make a custom black mesh grill for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
SSD used to make a piece to replace that entire section. Don't know if they could make a one-off for you now, but never hurts to ask!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tylercombs12 did this to his car, I think he just cut it out.(see attachment)
Me personally I'd cut it out then take it to a shop and have them make a custom black mesh grill for it.
Yeah, I've been following him on Instagram for a long time and am friends with him on here. It looks real good on his, and I would do the same, but I don't really like how you can see the beam. I like the look of mesh, but I just hate that mount. The 2014/2015s are lucky because Kia removed that for them.... -_- bastards

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go to RockAuto it looks like the grill for your Soul is $14.40 then you can do what ever you like to it and install.
Yeah, but that would still be the same as taking the one already installed off, doing whatever I want, then throwing $34.40 in the trash. LOL. (No offense or anything)

I'm looking for something that already has it removed. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SSD used to make a piece to replace that entire section. Don't know if they could make a one-off for you now, but never hurts to ask!
Yeah, I suppose I could ask.

Don't know why they would discontinue products though because then you get people like me in the future wondering "why the Hell they ever discontinued it, and what am I gonna do now?" Lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, but that would still be the same as taking the one already installed off, doing whatever I want, then throwing $34.40 in the trash. LOL. (No offense or anything)

I'm looking for something that already has it removed. :)
I guess that's were you and I differ, I'd rather make my own grill spending the $34 so I could work on it slowly designing what I really want and when ready swap it out $34 would not kill me for a project like this.
Hope you find something to your liking in any case if someone makes what you want good luck!.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, I've been following him on Instagram for a long time and am friends with him on here. It looks real good on his, and I would do the same, but I don't really like how you can see the beam. I like the look of mesh, but I just hate that mount. The 2014/2015s are lucky because Kia removed that for them.... -_- bastards
if you try my method you could make a custom mesh grill, the only reason i dont is because im gonna mount some fog lights there. they will be tucked back a little bit farther than if i had gotten the ssd front bar, did not like how far they stuck out with that bar

1 - 12 of 12 Posts