Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's 2010 Kia Soul car no longer puts out any audio. Somebody thought the amp failed. I would like to get a replacement amp for her and not the OEM amp as even used that appears to be $200 or so. What other cheaper amps will work? I had read something about it being difficult to find a replacement amp with the proper ohm rating for the speakers or something similar to that. Any suggestions? I'm hoping to get this before she comes home for Christmas.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Take it to a car stereo store, I don't personally recommend a box store but a real car audio store. First let them determine what is actually wrong. They will have amps to match your speakers and should be a very simple replacement.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Welcome. There are a few threads about this somewhere, not a new topic. I do remember that OEM amps are either hard to get or expensive but I have not heard that amps in general are not available. Should be a snap to do impedance matching on the speakers, they should be readily available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was hoping for a quick response of "it's all good, just buy any amp and plug it in". I guess I'll take it to an audio shop-- was just REALLY hoping to get this fixed on the cheap-- she only needs basic audio, not to blow the doors off ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts