Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there- I'm wondering if anyone might be interested in purchasing Clear Side Markers to be used in the first generation headlights.

This would be a limited run for I'm not a vendor but rather just looking to recover the cost of materials to make the molds. This means that when the materials run out, or the molds are torn/damaged they will no longer be available. If you ever want to open up your lights to add projectors or DRL's now's the time to get these....
They are made of Polyester Clear Resin and yes, they are UV tolerant but they're under the HL Lens so it really doesn't matter much if they are or are not.....

Please respond in this thread if interested. The price would be 30$ + 6.00 shipping per set......SEND NO MONEY- I WILL POST THIS IN THE FOR SALE FORUM later.

Right now I want to know who's onboard and for how many sets...

Thanks for looking!

Edit; Added Videos...

P.S. If you think the price is high then look at the "rejects" as the yield is low for acceptable lenses and each pair represents 24 hours.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
do the go in just like the stock ones?
Slightly different...These mount by using the stock alignment posts but are attached using SS wire from the rear. It's impossible, due to the brittle nature of the Polyester resin, to replicate the attachment 'hooks' that the stock refelectors use.
The attachment is invisible and is solid.

This is the OEM "hook" post. It latches into a hole and hold the lens to the assembly and provided alignment....

The replica lens with post used for alignment sans the "hook".....

·
Registered
479 Posts
those are really sharp and I really want some but I don't plan to do my retrofit for a few months (tax refund time:) ) and I really don't want to buy them and risk them getting broken. Is there any way I can take dibs on one? then when I'm ready, order it?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
those are really sharp and I really want some but I don't plan to do my retrofit for a few months (tax refund time:) ) and I really don't want to buy them and risk them getting broken. Is there any way I can take dibs on one? then when I'm ready, order it?
Well, if I still have a set then sure....I don't see a whole bunch of responses to this thread so far so I'd say there's a good possibly they'll still be around at that time....

BTW, they won't get broken if you leave them in the original box......Just take them out (they're mounted to a piece of cardboard) take a look and then just slide them back into the box......and put them on the shelf.

·
Registered
925 Posts
For $30 I'd be in for a set. If the group buy on the dual headlight setup doesn't happen I'm opening my stocks to retrofit them over the winter.let me know when and where to send $$

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For $30 I'd be in for a set. If the group buy on the dual headlight setup doesn't happen I'm opening my stocks to retrofit them over the winter.let me know when and where to send $$
Group buy?

Sure, got you down for a set.....I'll box one up over the weekend let you know when they're ready and how to pay (paypal).....

·
Registered
925 Posts
Sweet. The go didn't go through. So looks like ill be retrofitting my extra set of stocks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Before I ship any of these lenses there are a few things to go over:

1) NEVER TOUCH THE FACE OF LENSE- IF YOU LEAVE A FINGER PRINT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REMOVE IT This is the nature and attribute of the Polyester resin. The surface remains somewhat less than hard and if pressed on with enough force you will leave a print and you will not be able to remove it!

2) NEVER TRY TO POLISH THE LENSE, NOR CLEAN WITH ANY LIQUID POLISH OR SOAP, OR EVEN JUST PLAIN WATER AS THIS WILL RUIN (cloud) THE LENSE

3) HANDLE THE LENSE BY ITS EDGES ONLY

4) REMOVE THE LENSES FROM THE SHIPPING PACKAGE BY SLIDING THE PLACARD OUT OF THE BOX.

5) Keep them in the shipping box until you're ready to do the install.

6) When ready to install, you first need to drill some small holes (picture) to recieve the SS wire.

7) Snake the wire into the holes and draw the lense close to the surface then work the alignment tabs into place GINGERLY! There is an order to this (see photo). Watch YOUR FINGERS!

8) Twist the SS wires from the rear of the housing to draw the lense loosely to the surface and to remove most of the slack in the wire.

Use common sense here as you can break the lense if you get overly agressive.

It's best to press the lense to the surface by applying finger pressure rather than trying to use the wire to draw it tightly to the surface.

I have covered the area I want to press on with 2~3 layers of SARAN wrap and have left little or no marks on the surface when applying moderate pressure. The lense is feather light and only needs to be held, without slack, to the surface. Make sure to remove the SARAN WRAP immediately after use.

Opening the box to retrieve the lenses. They are wired to a placard in the box.....

Slide the placard out....

Drill holes to accept wires....

Twist the wires from rear of housing...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Got a pair boxed up and ready to go...Sent you a PM...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now have two pairs boxed up and ready to go...When they're gone they're gone...Likely you'll never get the opportunity again to buy clear lenses....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have two more sets ready to ship...$30 + $6 shipping..PM me if interested.

P.S. I have added videos to Post #1....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still have these two sets..If you ever want to mod your HL's you'll be sorry you passed these up.....I have a limited number of sets....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BLACK FRIDAY SALE.....

$25 pair/free shipping......

Don't miss out! You'll be sorry you passed these by if you're going to open those lights up in the future....

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Holy CRAP I just realized what these were.

The install is quite out of my league though, not to mention the baking the casings open.

But man, if I had the confidence and expertise to do this mod I'd PayPal you the money right now lol. I was looking for these earlier this year, but could not find them anywhere.

Very nice.

[Sent from my Nexus 7. Pardon errors.]

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
This is beyond AWESOME!!! I really wish I had the fundage for this. But I have wanted clear lenses since the day I got my Soul. I know others have as well. Well people jump on the train while you can!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts