Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I reported a few days ago that the USAA buying service had shown a 200 dollar price increase across the board for the Soul. The Kia site does not reflect this. However, in researching the Kia Soul inventory, I noticed that some of the newer cars showing up had a price anomaly as compared to what was listed there. I selected some configurations shown on in the inventory and then looked for cars listed at exactly 200 more. Sure enough, on two of them they were the same configuration (one Exclaim, one Plus). There are thousands of cars in the pipeline as of now (there are 5700 listed within 500 miles of Louisville and that includes a good deal of the east coast) that will carry the lower price. But the higher price is filtering in. Get while they are hot folks, we are all going to feel the finger on our back side soon enough.

Just thought you might like to know.

I also got a call from the Kia Store here locally and they offered me a price on a new Exclaim (basic) and taking my car in trade. They began with that add on sticker of 4 grand and then added 4 grand to the trade in price. Like I was going to fall for that one. They pulled that "but look we offered you over market value for your car." After I said thank you very much, but that is not a deal it is a rip off, and when you guys are serious, let me know and hung up. Ha, what a rip off when you don't have a salesperson that is on the level with you. I sure miss my family friend there, he would not even had called me with such a deal.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The sticker on mine reflected the $200 increase, $26,565 rather than the $26,365 I printed out from the Build and price site a few days previously.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sticker on mine reflected the $200 increase, $26,565 rather than the $26,365 I printed out from the Build and price site a few days previously.
There you go, yours was a recent arrival and the price increase is obviously in effect from Kia, not the dealerships on the MSRP sticker. This is not an unusual occurrence, cars makers often have mid year increases on their cars. The dealers cannot change an MSRP sticker though, so the ones that came in at the original prices have to stay there on the sticker, at least. I just wonder if Kia has announced this somewhere that we have missed. It is also not unusual for makers to not announce mid year increases.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is starting on the Kia Motors America website as it says the BASE from $14,900, but its yet changed in the higher models
I noticed that the price of the base auto option dropped 200 though. Wasn't it 2000 before?

·
Registered
140 Posts
All more reasons to use a car broker and stay away from the dealership.
Just what is a car broker and how do you find them? Nothing in Oregon denotes car brokering.
I still think using the deal from Costco and lowering their price by $2-$300 bucks is best way to go. Use a 100 mile radius and email the dealerships with your offer and wait.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am my own best broker. I am never desperate enough to go for what they want. I get up on shanks mare and skedaddle. They are either following me out to my car or calling me before I even get home. I never trade in my car and usually I pay cash. They also don't know those things on the front end.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I noticed that the price of the base auto option dropped 200 though. Wasn't it 2000 before?
yes, but anything above the BASE MT has not reflected the $200 increase which will bring it back to $2000 as they indicate all plus an amount above the BASE MT version.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes, but anything above the BASE MT has not reflected the $200 increase which will bring it back to $2000 as they indicate all plus an amount above the BASE MT version.
Yes, you are right. It will be interesting to see when they do that. I guess all those reviews will have to be redone that mention the base prices, huh?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I am my own best broker. I am never desperate enough to go for what they want. I get up on shanks mare and skedaddle. They are either following me out to my car or calling me before I even get home. I never trade in my car and usually I pay cash. They also don't know those things on the front end.
Yes , that's what I did when I bought my 2014 Red Zone . ( except for the cash and trade )

I went in to look , not buy . But I ended up talking with a salesman , and casually told him theres no way I would pay where they were at , they shot me a number .... Wasn't good enough , I walked away . Called me two days later , wanted to talk again .... Still no bueno .... Did this a few more times .
Obviously ended up getting where I wanted , and you really have to go in there prepared to walk away , and not get head over hills in love with the car ( which is hard ) . I wanted this red zone so bad I could taste it .... But I had to act like I could take it or leave it .

·
Registered
213 Posts
I used the Costco buying service on my last two VW's but found the Consumer Reports service was at least $500 less than Costco. I had a price locked in before I even visited the dealer and I dealt with the Internet Manager and no one else. Since the Alien II was not available yet I made several visits and over the course of three months was able to talk them down even more than the price I already had. I also did research on my trade in and knew ahead of time what it was worth both retail and as a trade and they gave me exactly what I expected knowing the few minor issues it had which I divulged to the dealer.

I know when I bought my Ford F-150 using their X Plan it saved me over $8k but there is more mark up in full size trucks with lots of options and packages. The Soul does not have as much markup so I am very happy with the $2300 I saved and the hassle free buying experience I had. Well, other than not being able to get my hands on an Alien II Whole Shebang for almost three months that is but it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Canadian Soul Price

Maybe the Kia Soul will be cheaper in 2016 in Canada, if the government honors the free trade treaty with Korea signed today and eliminates the six percent tariff. On the other hand....

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
Canadian Soul Price

Maybe the Kia Soul will be cheaper in 2016 in Canada, if the government honors the free trade treaty with Korea signed today and eliminates the six percent tariff. On the other hand....
as it would only effect by 6.1% but with the Korean won vs the dollar we might not see anything or it may absorb some of the normal price increase.

·
Registered
30 Posts
as it would only effect by 6.1% but with the Korean won vs the dollar we might not see anything or it may absorb some of the normal price increase.
I would imagine most members would think a 6.1% decrease in price, or about $1500, a substantial one! Note the title of this thread.
Certainly Ford Canada is worried: Ford Canada, Ontario blast South Korean trade deal, saying Ottawa’s pact will flood country with foreign cars | Financial Post
The Korean currency can of course fluctuate to the benefit or disadvantage of Canadians.
But like Conwelpic I will believe the decrease when I see it.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
I would imagine most members would think a 6.1% decrease in price, or about $1500, a substantial one! Note the title of this thread.
Certainly Ford Canada is worried: Ford Canada, Ontario blast South Korean trade deal, saying Ottawa’s pact will flood country with foreign cars | Financial Post
The Korean currency can of course fluctuate to the benefit or disadvantage of Canadians.
But like Conwelpic I will believe the decrease when I see it.
I don't know why Ford would get worked up as they don't have the tariff in the US on Korean vehicles (that I'm aware of) and they are doing okay there and actually they are doing okay in Canada too. They make most of their money on trucks and nobody from overseas can touch them in that market.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts