Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my '19 Base has a decent (5") touchscreen HU but I want to find something larger and add Apple Car Play. I also want to keep the stock back-up camera and XM. I've searched and found some threads for Android based units or other aftermarket units, but those were either pre-17 or losing camera/XM.

Anything more recent? Any of the Kia techs know if a factory HU from a higher model is plug and play or not?

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,478 Posts
Welcome & congrats on your manual Soul 2019.

It's frustrating that you just can't pick an upgraded 8" (or whatever) system while at the dealer & have them install. It's a ridiculous scheme most all car dealerships run these days to force you into buying a pricier version of the car.

You know the HU unit from a + or ! will fit, they just won't sell it to you.

Most Kia dealers deny even knowing if you can enable factory cruise control on the MT, but luckily this forum proves you can (I did).

Sorry, rant over. Best of luck & please keep us posted.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome & congrats on your manual Soul 2019.

It's frustrating that you just can't pick an upgraded 8" (or whatever) system while at the dealer & have them install. It's a ridiculous scheme most all car dealerships run these days to force you into buying a pricier version of the car.

You know the HU unit from a + or ! will fit, they just won't sell it to you.
Thank you, I agree!

Most Kia dealers deny even knowing if you can enable factory cruise control on the MT, but luckily this forum proves you can (I did).

Sorry, rant over. Best of luck & please keep us posted.
Please, do tell... link to this process? I would be most curious about doing Cruise for those road trips.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,478 Posts
Hey Rozey, no problem. Remember that factory cruise control is already "built in" to your 2019 base mt engine, even the cruise control dash lights are in your speedo. They just mask off where the controller goes on the right side of your steering wheel.

Here's the link where hundreds of us have done the procedure. Takes about 30 minutes. 2 parts, the controller switch (that even lights up orange like the left side, and a new wiring harness). Total cost about $72.

I also did the factory center console with armrest (check out my garage). 2 best factory mods for mt ever!

https://www.kiasoulforums.com/185-how-diy-gen-2/32513-2014-soul-base-add-cruise-control.html

Reactions: Rozey66

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I don't think there is an economical option to add an aftermarket radio that has both car play and XM. I would look into "cheap" android units without XM, since you can steam XM via Bluetooth from your phone. I've cancelled all car subscriptions and only kept the streaming for $5 a month and can use it on any car or PC.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Rozey, no problem. Remember that factory cruise control is already "built in" to your 2019 base mt engine, even the cruise control dash lights are in your speedo. They just mask off where the controller goes on the right side of your steering wheel.

Here's the link where hundreds of us have done the procedure. Takes about 30 minutes. 2 parts, the controller switch (that even lights up orange like the left side, and a new wiring harness). Total cost about $72.

I also did the factory center console with armrest (check out my garage). 2 best factory mods for mt ever!

https://www.kiasoulforums.com/185-how-diy-gen-2/32513-2014-soul-base-add-cruise-control.html
Also for cheap / easy you can add automatic headlights & heated side mirrors w/turn signals in them.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
]

Also for cheap / easy you can add automatic headlights & heated side mirrors w/turn signals in them.
Car came with automatic headlights.

Heated side mirrors are not needed in sunny Florida, but built in turn would be cool... Got link to parts and or process?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Car came with automatic headlights.

Heated side mirrors are not needed in sunny Florida, but built in turn would be cool... Got link to parts and or process?
I did a small post on the procedure + link....2014 - 2016 add heated / signal mirrors

https://www.1aauto.com/2014-16-kia-soul-mirror-pair/i/1amrp01871?f=1119020&y=2016

Heated side mirrors are nice for clearing off fog / rain...not too much snow here in San Diego either, plus I really like the turn signal repeater for merging in the highways here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts