Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not gonna lie,but already caught a bust my wallet X3 off guard lol!
Amen to that! Started off considering a used 2018 +, then a 2018 ! for a few thousand more, Then well a new 2020 is just a few thousand more , then if I'm going new might as well get a GT for a few more $$$, then if your going to get a GT why not get a turbo for many more $$$. Add gap insurance and extended warranty plus taxes. !!!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not even gonna pretend,what’s available for the new ones?

I’ve heard there’s some form of restrictor either upstream on the intake side,or down stream of the turbo,that can be replaced to keep peak boost.

I would love to do some simple things to max what KIA has designed.
lol, I threw in a K&N Drop-in, it actually gave me a .2 MPG increase, and the boost felt a little more linear. A CAI would be fun. There's actually a guy over at the Optima forums that would probably have more information on what's available. I know the 2.0t in the Optima had an ECM piggy-back that would put you over 300 HP. My best advice would be to go to a Veloster N forum like this https://www.velostern.com/forum/ and see what they're doing. Just don't forget to keep us updated here. :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
lol, I threw in a K&N Drop-in, it actually gave me a .2 MPG increase, and the boost felt a little more linear. A CAI would be fun. There's actually a guy over at the Optima forums that would probably have more information on what's available. I know the 2.0t in the Optima had an ECM piggy-back that would put you over 300 HP. My best advice would be to go to a Veloster N forum like this https://www.velostern.com/forum/ and see what they're doing. Just don't forget to keep us updated here. :D
Thanks,some are saying that the gen2 pieces should fit.There’s one company telling me if they don’t,they will refund all monies for parts and shipping.
Gonna do an intake setup and go from there.See what can be squeezed(see what I did there lol) out of it without getting too out of hand.
I will keep ya posted!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's beautiful. Congratulations!!

Thank you!

My 18 liked low speed around town duties and shined there,but this ’20 Turbo really,and I do mean really,shines on the highway!
In sport mode,it really wants to run,is smoothe,and just a joy to cruise.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thanks,some are saying that the gen2 pieces should fit.There’s one company telling me if they don’t,they will refund all monies for parts and shipping.
Gonna do an intake setup and go from there.See what can be squeezed(see what I did there lol) out of it without getting too out of hand.
I will keep ya posted!

When I did a CAI on my 2.0t, the Turbo wastegate made a "mini-BOV" sound. I would've loved to put one in on the 1.6t, but I couldn't find one that reliably fit. I also wondered what the car would drive like with Magna-ride (have it on my other car). The bad part about the mod-bug on the Soul is that you also benefit from freaking people out that don't expect much out of the little "H̶a̶m̶s̶t̶e̶r̶" "Chameleon" crossover.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
When I did a CAI on my 2.0t, the Turbo wastegate made a "mini-BOV" sound. I would've loved to put one in on the 1.6t, but I couldn't find one that reliably fit. I also wondered what the car would drive like with Magna-ride (have it on my other car). The bad part about the mod-bug on the Soul is that you also benefit from freaking people out that don't expect much out of the little "H̶a̶m̶s̶t̶e̶r̶" "Chameleon" crossover.

I’ll let ya know how it fits,and impressions if it does.This little bugger is quicker than the average peeps give it credit for,very enjoyable thus far.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Thank you!

My 18 liked low speed around town duties and shined there,but this ’20 Turbo really,and I do mean really,shines on the highway!
In sport mode,it really wants to run,is smoothe,and just a joy to cruise.
That is good to hear ytk! I'm curious what they did differently from Gen2 to Gen3 Turbo. I thought they brought the exact same 1.6 powerhouse across.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That is good to hear ytk! I'm curious what they did differently from Gen2 to Gen3 Turbo. I thought they brought the exact same 1.6 powerhouse across.
It is indeed the same powerplant etc.,my 18 was a base.The new body structure feels so much better though,and a 1.6 with boost,is a happy 1.6 for sure.

·
Registered
489 Posts

One magazine writer said that they knew the DCT and the 1.6t were lifted from the previous model, but still found that the power delivery was a little better in the 2020. It wouldn't surprise me if they made some calibration changes. The good thing about the way Kia handled my warranty claim is that they didn't treat the DCT like a manual transmission. I've had many shops tell me that the clutch in a manual transmission isn't covered by the bumper to bumper warranty, as they considered it a "wear" item like brake pads and tires. For everyone that has a DCT, make sure to get any slipping looked at immediately by the dealership.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
13 Participants
TXSSSoul
Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners
We’re the ultimate Kia Soul community dedicated to Soul owners and fans!
Full Forum Listing