Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon. I have a 2013 Soul that for the last 3 days occasionally the ABS and Traction lights come on. Sometimes they will go off when driving but eventually turn back on. It has been cooler at night (50's) than it has been in 6 months.

I took it to a neighbor that does side work and he hooked it up to a handheld computer. The computer did not register anything wrong with it. About a year ago we had rodent damage to the wiring harness that was replaced. He said he didn't see any rodent damage this time. Any ideas or suggestions? Is it safe to drive?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I take it you are not triggering ABS or traction control. Think they should only come on at start up and if they are activated by hard braking or acceleration and loss of traction. I can't imagine why it would be unsafe to drive, but don't hold me to it if you crash and burn. I'd get it looked at by an Indy shop or dealer if needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it you are not triggering ABS or traction control. Think they should only come on at start up and if they are activated by hard braking or acceleration and loss of traction. I can't imagine why it would be unsafe to drive, but don't hold me to it if you crash and burn. I'd get it looked at by an Indy shop or dealer if needed.
Yes they come on at startup (sometimes) but sometimes will go off. They also don't come on every time. Thank you.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Intermittent problems are tough, can be hard to find. Could be just a loose wire, fuse, ground.
I would look for loose stuff, pull fuses one by one to check.
Then probably call a shop because I found nothing. Can't hurt to look though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Possibly a wheel speed sensor going bad, someone with a scanner should be able to look at the speed sensor data.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts