Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have been doing what i always do with my vehicles. yes tinkering. well over the past few weeks i have been experimenting with different gaps on the plugs and so far .035 seems to work best, but that is not my concern. I am concerned that my soul has only 8k on it and the plugs are already rounding off, and yes they are copper and they are champion. i lost the number, but they are a weird almost 2 inch reach plug. I want to find a fine wire platinum or iridium to replace them. also before anyone suggests any other 1.6 plug they are way different. searched and searched i cant find anything. If it wasn't for these plugs this would be an ultra low maintenance engine.

·
Registered
852 Posts
plugs

well i have been doing what i always do with my vehicles. yes tinkering. well over the past few weeks i have been experimenting with different gaps on the plugs and so far .035 seems to work best, but that is not my concern. I am concerned that my soul has only 8k on it and the plugs are already rounding off, and yes they are copper and they are champion. i lost the number, but they are a weird almost 2 inch reach plug. I want to find a fine wire platinum or iridium to replace them. also before anyone suggests any other 1.6 plug they are way different. searched and searched i cant find anything. If it wasn't for these plugs this would be an ultra low maintenance engine.

It was curious to me to see the 1.6L plugs "scheduled" for replacement every 30,000miles while the 2.0L plugs are 105,000miles.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
It was curious to me to see the 1.6L plugs "scheduled" for replacement every 30,000miles while the 2.0L plugs are 105,000miles.
2.0L plugs are platinum tipped which can go 100,000 miles without changing.

the 1.6L plugs are the standard plugs you can buy at your supermarket.

If you want 100,000 mile plugs.. after 30,000 miles, just replace your plugs with platinum tipped ones and you won't have to change them out until you hit 130,000 miles.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow awesome reply, obviously you did not read the problem. They do have copper plugs yes...are they a new design ..yes..I was asking if anyone would have any leads to get some platinum or iridium plugs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
base model Soul 1.6 takes a Champion plug # RER8MC. As of March 2011 Bosch does not make anything, neither does NGK. It is an odd sized plug so nobody wants to commit to it. Denso may make a platinum alternative. Check part # IXUH22.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
SoulBoy69
Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners
We’re the ultimate Kia Soul community dedicated to Soul owners and fans!
Full Forum Listing