How to Cruise Control 2012 base M/T!!!!

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: How to Cruise Control 2012 base M/T!!!!

Drives
    2016 Base Clear White M/T

How to Cruise Control 2012 base M/T!!!!

Ok so I finally have cruise control on my 2012 base with M/T!! Stick with me, the process is complicated. Here we go.

1) Change your steering wheel to another Soul wheel that has the controls for cruise control(mine is from a 2011).
    2) Drive car and enjoy cruise control!!! NO BULLS**T!!! It works on mine. The only thing is, the lights don't work on the dash to tell you it's engauged! Just make sure your above 25 mph and hit "ON" then "set". Everything works as it should. Hitting the brake, clutch, or pulling it out of gear all disengauge it.

I changed steering wheels 4 weeks ago just for the radio functions on the wheel and never realized it untill the other day I was bored driving, and started to play with the buttons.

So DON'T go waste money on the rosta kit(i'm sure it's good, but not needed).

***Must be Electronic Throttle. Not cable driven***
    Last edited by msnider; 10-10-2012 at 12:34 AM.
    ψυχή 16:26 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Elder Soul
    Drives
    +/2011/White
    wat.

[Sent from HTC Inspire. Pardon errors.]

Drives
    Quote Originally Posted by EboniLM View Post
    wat.

? english please

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

please let us know where you picked up the steering wheel from and is it just a simply plug and play thing. it seems too easy to me for that. I see the cruisecontrolstore has the oem style kit for 289.00. I would much rather not spend that much

Drives
    Quote Originally Posted by Grnmachine View Post
    please let us know where you picked up the steering wheel from and is it just a simply plug and play thing. it seems too easy to me for that. I see the cruisecontrolstore has the oem style kit for 289.00. I would much rather not spend that much
    Ebay. I got mine for $85 shipped. There are often wheels on there for $125ish but if you wait and watch cheaper ones will pop up.

Yes, just a plug and play. You get a wheel that has the controls and plug it in(with mine anyhow). and done. I was actually going to buy that kit next week when I got paid. Glad I didn't lol. There's links on here on how to change the wheel, but it's real easy.

Disconnect the neg. battery cable for 15 min.
    Pop off the 2 covers on the back side of the wheel to reveal the bolts that hold in the airbag. These are star head bolts, but i used an allen wrench because I didn't have that big of a star.
    Loosen those 2 bolts, pull out the airbag and unclip the connectors(centers pop up w/a small screw driver) and pull off.
    Take off the center nut/washer holding the wheel in place(22mm i think. Someone else said they used a 4-way lug wrench at this point because he didn't have a socket that big) (Just turn the wheel till it locks and loosen)
    ***Make an alignment mark on your steering wheel and the center shaft that you took the nut off of(I had to take off my steering wheel 4 times because I didn't make a mark and the wheel was ****ed(<-lol crooked) slightly)
    Then just wiggle and pull and the wheel will pop free. I didn't need a puller.
    Then unhook the electrical connector that goes from the wheel to the clock spring.

Install opposite of removal
    Transfer your alignment mark over to the new wheel
    For those of you who care that nut torque is 28.9 ~ 36.2 lb/ft
    Last edited by msnider; 10-05-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Elder Soul
    Drives
    +/2011/White
    I said that because I am shocked that it worked that easily. I wonder how many people will now regret spending money on aftermarket cruise control.

Drives
    i was shocked too! As far as i can tell no one has bought it yet...i hope. At least there's no write-ups on it or noone has claimed success to install it

Junior Soul
    Drives
    '13 SOUL Base, M/T Molten
    I'm still finding it hard to believe that something as simple as this would work and wish someone else could confirm it, especially since I just got my ballin' wheelskin and don't want to put it on a wheel im going to be replacing and hate having it just sit in a box!
    That word you are trying to figure out is pronounced (psoo-khay') and it is defined as SOUL.

Drives
    2010 - Soul+ - AT - Molten/1E
    We need more detailed info and pictures of your engine bay. As the base's I have seen in person (a 2010 and 2011) did not have the cruise module under the hood.

Drives
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodville View Post
    We need more detailed info and pictures of your engine bay. As the base's I have seen in person (a 2010 and 2011) did not have the cruise module under the hood.
    You tell me where to take the Pics and I'll do my best to get a pic. My camera broke so I'll have to take them with my 5yr old phone. Not the best quality, but I'll try.
    I don't think there's a "module" tho, it's just all in the throttle box since it's all electronic drive.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)