1.6 liter spark plugs

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Thread: 1.6 liter spark plugs

Junior Soul

1.6 liter spark plugs

well i have been doing what i always do with my vehicles. yes tinkering. well over the past few weeks i have been experimenting with different gaps on the plugs and so far .035 seems to work best, but that is not my concern. I am concerned that my soul has only 8k on it and the plugs are already rounding off, and yes they are copper and they are champion. i lost the number, but they are a weird almost 2 inch reach plug. I want to find a fine wire platinum or iridium to replace them. also before anyone suggests any other 1.6 plug they are way different. searched and searched i cant find anything. If it wasn't for these plugs this would be an ultra low maintenance engine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Senior Soul
    Drives
    Soul+2010 Soul+2014

plugs

Quote Originally Posted by patmanz28 View Post
    well i have been doing what i always do with my vehicles. yes tinkering. well over the past few weeks i have been experimenting with different gaps on the plugs and so far .035 seems to work best, but that is not my concern. I am concerned that my soul has only 8k on it and the plugs are already rounding off, and yes they are copper and they are champion. i lost the number, but they are a weird almost 2 inch reach plug. I want to find a fine wire platinum or iridium to replace them. also before anyone suggests any other 1.6 plug they are way different. searched and searched i cant find anything. If it wasn't for these plugs this would be an ultra low maintenance engine.

It was curious to me to see the 1.6L plugs "scheduled" for replacement every 30,000miles while the 2.0L plugs are 105,000miles.

Drives
    2014 Kia Sorento LX
    Quote Originally Posted by grege View Post
    It was curious to me to see the 1.6L plugs "scheduled" for replacement every 30,000miles while the 2.0L plugs are 105,000miles.
    2.0L plugs are platinum tipped which can go 100,000 miles without changing.

the 1.6L plugs are the standard plugs you can buy at your supermarket.

If you want 100,000 mile plugs.. after 30,000 miles, just replace your plugs with platinum tipped ones and you won't have to change them out until you hit 130,000 miles.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Junior Soul
    wow awesome reply, obviously you did not read the problem. They do have copper plugs yes...are they a new design ..yes..I was asking if anyone would have any leads to get some platinum or iridium plugs.

base model Soul 1.6 takes a Champion plug # RER8MC. As of March 2011 Bosch does not make anything, neither does NGK. It is an odd sized plug so nobody wants to commit to it. Denso may make a platinum alternative. Check part # IXUH22.

nothing runs like NGK!!! champion... whatever!!!
    -=DUB-SOULZ=-

9. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)