UVO Link

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: UVO Link

Drives
    2018 1 Million, 2020 Soul EX

UVO Link

Fellow 2020 Soul Owners,

I have had my 2020 Soul EX for about a week and been playing with the UVO link and the "Kia Access" app on my smart phone. The window sticker states we get a year of service....anyone know what the cost will be to continue the subscription after the first year? Not sure I have a use for the features if it costs too much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2013 Alien Base; 2017 Red Plus
    I noticed with your first post that you did not put one in the intro for yourself. Ok, your call but welcome on board anyway. As far as UVO goes, on the first gen 2 and gen 1 it was free, I assume forever. Later Gen 2 cars it was five years. Since those that had the five years are not out from that umbrella, I would again assume that they will charge them then. I noticed on the Gen 3s that it is one year so they will probably be out sooner than most of the Gen 2s so you may be the first. HOWEVER, if you are like me you will find that most of what UVO offers is a PITA, you won't use it anyway. And if they charge too much, most folks will just drop it. That is if you don't have a lot of teenagers at home still .
    mikewo6o likes this.
    NEW MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS THREAD: Hidden Content AND PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.

Drives
    Shaggy, thank you for your rely. I did not know the history behind the previous versions. I would say the same, that the services offered aren't really that big a deal except for certain owners. We are retired and don't get very far from home.

Otherwise, we are enjoying our 2020 EX so far.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2013 Alien Base; 2017 Red Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewo6o View Post
    ...Otherwise, we are enjoying our 2020 EX so far.
    I am retired also but my wife still works. She is quite a bit younger than me (62) versus me, an older fart, but still works. We mainly just run around town with the car but put the 2017 on the highway every once in a while. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the car.
    mikewo6o likes this.
    NEW MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS THREAD: Hidden Content AND PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.

Junior Soul
    Drives
    GT-Line Turbo/2020/Neptune Blu
    I'm curious about this as well. I do like the remote start/hvac feature, but the app is incredibly slow and crashes occasionally.
    mealso and mikewo6o like this.

Intermediate Soul Clear White Soul's Avatar
    Drives
    2016 Soul +/AT/2.0
    I'm a bit underwhelmed with the UVO, online and on the app. I have a 2016 Soul and a 2016 Sedona and wasn't aware that the service ever expired and went to a pay to play. From what I've seen I wouldn't pay anything for it.

Just my two cents.
    Shaggy Wierdo and mikewo6o like this.
    Bouncing off the guardrails on the highway of life.

Junior Soul
    Drives
    GT-Line Turbo/2020/Neptune Blu
    UVO was very underwhelming on my 14 Soul and 16 Optima, but the version on the new Soul is a big step in the right direction. Still has a long way to go, but it's better.
    mikewo6o likes this.

Drives
    2020 Soul EX/2016 Chevy SS
    I'm at the dealership where they're finally doing a make ready (was raining when I took delivery). The Kia Access is quite a bit different than Uvo as it took me 3 days to realize. Probably the biggest advantage is that it let's you set the temperature remotely. I imagine this will be my favorite feature in the summer. I'm still reviewing some of the app's finer points, but so far it's interesting. I can't imagine paying more than about $30 a year for such a feature though.
    mikewo6o likes this.

Drives
    I would agree....$30 a year would be all it is worth to me. I guess it all depends how much one has an application for the features vs. just a toy to play with. In my case, it would be more of a toy.

The UVO on my second generation (2018) needs the phone plugged in to do much of anything.
    Wife's Soul is 2018 1 Million Special Edition 2.0, Mine is 2020 EX 2.0 IVT.

Drives
    2020 Soul EX/2016 Chevy SS
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewo6o View Post
    I would agree....$30 a year would be all it is worth to me. I guess it all depends how much one has an application for the features vs. just a toy to play with. In my case, it would be more of a toy.

The UVO on my second generation (2018) needs the phone plugged in to do much of anything.
    I had it work the other day. i remotely turned on the A/C to cool the cabin. The only downside, is like other remote start features, I was thinking that I had to get in and "start" the car. I got into the car and turned the car "on" and it shut the car off. I found this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRrx-qvuPBg
    mealso and mikewo6o like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)