Well...Someone Had to Ask! - Page 2

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Well...Someone Had to Ask!

Drives
    2020LX
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoSoul View Post
    I know, right? For all we know they are made downstairs at the Brita Filter Factory

Personally...(and I don't want to start another debate here, or do I?) I think we have taken the oil filter thing way too far.
    The paranoia it has instilled in us has scarred most forever.
    I used purolator filters forever on my 2.0 Hyundai's with never an issue.
    One could say it's brave-new world out there these days and this motor ain't your fathers Hyundai and I guess you'd be right.
    Then again I was buying them for 99 cents on sale and those days seem to be over as well.
    Is it cheap insurance, I suppose it is and that if nothing else would warrant their use.
    Do I think they have super human filtration capabilities far beyond what's available from aftermarket suppliers?
    No...not really.
    The fact that they fit so many models with various displacements both normally aspirated and turbo tells me they are simply a happy medium across the boards.
    Feel good factor...cheap insurance...9 out of 10 dentists approved...the justifications to use them goes on & on.
    Last edited by The Sradiator; 06-16-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    Are We Not Men?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2020LX
    Are We Not Men?

Drives
    '20 Soul EX DC Neptune Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sradiator View Post
    and the 05 version: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...I0W8Q78Z&psc=1

I will say there are tons of filter comparisons on youtube and all over the internet. I think if you go with something other than Fram, you will be OK. When the recommended intervals were around 3k miles, a crappy filter might not matter. But with intervals in the 7.5k-10k range these days, I think filters may matter more.

I have been using OEM Toyota on my 4Runner and Lexus LX and been extremely happy with the condition of the oil at the change interval (typically 5k miles). They seem to be one of the best on the market. I suspect a Hyundai/Kia filter will be equally as good, at least good enough to maintain the powertrain warranty.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2020LX
    Not a Kia tech or parts purveyor to be found?
    Are We Not Men?

Drives
    2020LX
    Here's some drama for your mama: http://apauto.com/dnld/p5779828819596ababe/
    Are We Not Men?

Drives
    2020, 2.0L, IVT, LX "Jem"
    Why do I use Kia filters?

Well, because Kia told me to, and they also told me that if my engine blows up and I have some other than Kia filter on it, they can void my warranty. That is going to cost me a fortune, to replace my motor, so why would I be stupid and use some brand X filter and take the chance of maybe having my valuable warranty voided.

Kia filters are so easy to get, at any Kia dealer, and they are very reasonably priced too.

There have been Kia Service alerts posted on this very forum....did y'all not read those? Do you really think that you are more of an oil filter expert than the engineers at Kia. I don't!

So stop being obstinate or just plain dumb, and use only Genuine KIA filter on your KIA vehicles. You absolutely cannot go wrong if you do.

Happy Trails Mates,
    FLH
    Buzz and pnoman like this.
    Now driving 2020, LX, 2.0L AT (IVT), Pearl White

Drives
    Soul/2016/Red Exclaim
    engage and seanz0rz like this.

Drives
    2020, 2.0L, IVT, LX "Jem"
    Do you really think that Kia is not aware of that rule?

They have specifically told us that their Kia Genuine filter has a valve in it to assure the correct oil pressure to critical parts of the engine. Brand X filters do not have this feature and can cause harm to the engine.

If you say "screw you KIA, I'm going to use a Brand X filter anyway" and you damage your engine, I doubt any court in the country will find KIA at fault. You'll be buying a new engine. And, you may be waiting for months for it to come from Korea.
    I hope you have a second car!

My Kia Soul is my only mode of transportation (period) So I'm going to take every precaution possible, to keep my little girl in good health and 'on the road'.

I even bought the "Extended Maintenance Plan" with my new Soul. My dealer will be doing all my maintenance for the next several years. So I don't have to worry about any Brand X parts being used in my car.

Here's wishing Y'all a great Summer.

FLH
    Now driving 2020, LX, 2.0L AT (IVT), Pearl White

Drives
    2020LX
    Paranoia...the destroyer!
    In the end though, it IS 1 less thing to worry about!
    That being said better not to be penny wise and dollar foolish as my dear-old dad would say.
    At the ripe old age of 60, I am trying to simplify not complicate my life.
    If it gives the supreme powers at Kia 1 less thing to bust my ballz over, well mission accomplished I suppose.
    I just called my local dealer and they don't have the newest 505 filter in stock yet.
    They can get them though @ $6.60 plus tax ($7.25 total)
    Last edited by The Sradiator; 06-20-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    FLHamster likes this.
    Are We Not Men?

mak
    Drives
    2012 base+ manual
    Is there a reason everyone seems to use Kia oil filters as opposed to after market such as Wix?

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)