Alice in Blunderland - Page 3

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Alice in Blunderland

Elder Soul
    Drives
    2017 Soul Auto, titanium.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sradiator View Post
    Neanderthal said: "You can probably order a grab bar from a previous year and jimmy it into place. Need something strong to anchor it to. Have to pull the trim piece off. Something like Gorilla Glue might even work"

It IS possible the bracket is still there, under the headliner and all that is needed is the grab handle and the hardware.
    "Gorilla glue"...you're too freakin funny!
    You'll quickly find yourself on your arse with handle in hand should you go the "gorilla glue" route.
    Probably pull the headliner down as well.
    Maybe Velcro is on your list as well?
    Well excuse the hell out of me. Work it out yourself then.

Quote Originally Posted by conwelpic View Post
    ....and ????????? - don't follow what you are getting at???????
    The foam segmented catch-all under the floor door, above the spare tire well, where in my case junk collects.
    2017 Soul auto, Konig Control, BFG 225.55.16 G-Force Comp2 A/S. Winter 205.65.16 Bridgestone WS80.

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2020LX & 2012+
    I was wondering that, maybe one of these days we will find out from somebody who is adventurous This is the one item on the 2020 model that really bugs me. If they want to remove it - fine, but at least don't leave the impression in the roof liner to indicate that's where it's obvious it was removed from.

In some models you have blank plugs, it would be like not even putting a cover on at all.

Out of curiosity I removed the driver's grab handle on my 2016 to see what's holding it in place.

Attachment 120593

Attachment 120595

I would think and I do not know here, that it would be cheaper to leave all the brackets in place during manufacturing just as they left the impression in the headliner as well.
    Less deviation in manufacturing makes for more profits, I would "think"
    Are We Not Men?

Drives
    2020LX & 2012+
    Neanderthals hissy fit moment: "Well excuse the hell out of me. Work it out yourself then."

You sir...are excused!
    Are We Not Men?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post

The foam segmented catch-all under the floor door, above the spare tire well, where in my case junk collects.
    I know that as I have it on my 2016, but you are missing the point, the 2020 has two level back floor (level like the G2 version, or just above the spare if you want (not on all models in the US, but standard in Canada) with full edge support, so I don't feel the foam under floor divider is no longer necessary "where junk collects".

Without the divider on the 2020 it would give you more space under the upper level floor for your junk and if you wish you can do you own dividers that fits what you want to keep below the floor and not be restricted to the fixed divider of a foam tray.
    Last edited by conwelpic; 05-27-2019 at 03:03 PM.
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

Drives
    Soul MT/2014/Titanium
    That divider under the back floor is one of my most favorite features. I think it was a brilliant addition.

We can just lift the cover, pull out canvas shopping bags, paper plates & utensils for the kids lunches & towels for messes. Work gloves, tools, bungies or power packs. First aid kit, flashlight. You name it.

In my last car, the trunk was one big catch all of stuff rolling around. Kia nailed it with this organizer.
    Last edited by GeoSoul; 05-27-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    mealso and sube like this.

Drives
    2020LX & 2012+
    Geo said: "We can just lift the cover, pull out canvas shopping bags, paper plates & utensils for the kids lunches & towels for messes. Work gloves, tools, bungies or power packs. First aid kit, flashlight. You name it."

Sounds like a MacGyver match made in heaven...Or Korea.
    GeoSoul likes this.
    Are We Not Men?

Elder Soul
    Drives
    2017 Soul Auto, titanium.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sradiator View Post
    Neanderthals hissy fit moment: "Well excuse the hell out of me. Work it out yourself then."

You sir...are excused!
    Projecting again.

I know that as I have it on my 2016, but you are missing the point, the 2020 has two level back floor (level like the G2 version, or just above the spare if you want (not on all models in the US, but standard in Canada) with full edge support, so I don't feel the foam under floor divider is no longer necessary "where junk collects".

Without the divider on the 2020 it would give you more space under the upper level floor for your junk and if you wish you can do you own dividers that fits what you want to keep below the floor and not be restricted to the fixed divider of a foam tray.
    I'm not familiar with the 2020s, I did check one out this morning. When I popped the floor lid open, all I saw was a spare tire.
    2017 Soul auto, Konig Control, BFG 225.55.16 G-Force Comp2 A/S. Winter 205.65.16 Bridgestone WS80.

Hidden Content

Drives
    2016 Kia Soul SX Lux Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoSoul View Post
    That divider under the back floor is one of my most favorite features. I think it was a brilliant addition.

We can just lift the cover, pull out canvas shopping bags, paper plates & utensils for the kids lunches & towels for messes. Work gloves, tools, bungies or power packs. First aid kit, flashlight. You name it.

In my last car, the trunk was one big catch all of stuff rolling around. Kia nailed it with this organizer.
    My thoughts entirely on the divider GEO, I intend to see if my storage fits the new car when it finally arrives. If it does then I will order one, if not I will make my own. Not a fan of stuff rolling around in the spare wheel well.

Pat.
    GeoSoul likes this.
    2016Soul SX luxury.
    Mods so far
    Side skirts
    Spoiler.
    Door visors.
    Enkie Lusso 18"x7.5 Rims.

Drives
    SXSE/2014/FATHOM BLUE/POLAR/AT
    Plus the trunk divider can possibly double as a cooler. Which I am in the process of checking out to see if it is good for day tripping or a long weekend.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)