Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Score!

Tags
score
3K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  The Sradiator 
#1 ·
Just purchased my 26300-35505 oil filters.
These are Kia's newest incarnation that even my local dealer doesn't have yet.
Even has the stylized "H" on the relief valve (much to my surprise)
Final cost $3.25 per filter shipped.
Scooooooooore!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Truthfully...even at dealer prices (around 6-7.00) I still think o.e.m. is the way to go.
This, mind you...is coming from a guy who has used purolators and their cheaper sister company powerflo most of his life.
I was buying powerflos (14459) by the dozen for 99 cents each back in the day-day (2004-2011)

#6 ·
Yes I would like to know also.
I don't need any right now. I bought a block of six from Amazon for $24, #26300-35504.

I just looked them up again, the price went up to $36 for six now. It's like the stock market I guess?

#9 ·
Great price, IF you're going to change your own oil.

How about FREE? That's what I'll be paying for the next few (?) years, as My KIA dealer will be doing all my oil changes, as a part of my extended maintenance program.

For the past seven years, I've done my own oil changes in my back yard. I bought my KIA filters from my KIA dealer and I kept all my receipts. So with my dealer, there was never a question about me performing enough maintenance on my Soul.

Cheers Mates and Happy Independence Day!

View attachment 121023

Attachments

#13 ·
I bought the extended maintenance on my 2018, but I deducted it as an expense on my 2018 taxes. My local dealership charges me $15 for the oil change if I bring in the oil and filter myself. Beats the ridiculous $45 fee they charge. I used to do my oil changes all the time for my GTO (mostly because I hated people touching her), but it gets a little tiresome taking the oil in for recycling, making sure I'm not over filling it, etc. Even with a Fumoto valve, which made it extremely easy to drain the oil, I'm ok with someone else doing the work.

OH and per Amazon on that model # of oil filters "This does not fit your:
2020 Kia Soul
"

#22 ·
TXS aid: "Is this a real question?"

Indeed it is!
It's not like you don't have to go under there anyways to replace the filter.
If there were no other reason to go under the vehicle, I could see it.
Otherwise, for me...the savings is minimal.

#25 ·
I put one on my GTO, and there was no crawling under that thing unless you had it on ramps. Being able to slide one arm under and not have to lift the vehicle was very very helpful. Having said that, I'm perfectly ok with taking the Soul to the dealer and having them put in my preferred oil for $15 a pop. Having to take oil to have it recycled was always a pain. Between my FT gig and my part time gig, I figure $15 is perfectly acceptable.

#23 ·
TXS also said: "Are you getting enough fiber in your diet? I'm just posting what Amazon reported."

Well...now that you mention it, I have been feeling a little, errr...backed up!
If Amazon reported it then it must be so!
I'll be sure to alert the media and send a group email to corporate Kia as well.

#28 ·
You might as well question the authenticity of the car then.
Came in Hyundai/Kia/Mobis boxes with stylizied "H" on relief valve.
Only reason I have not disclosed is that these were the last the seller had or I surely would have turned ALL of you onto a great deal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.