Features, tricks, tips, surprises?

  1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

    Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Features, tricks, tips, surprises?

  1. #1
    Intermediate Soul TXSSSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    437
    Drives
    2020 Soul EX/2016 Chevy SS

    Exclamation Features, tricks, tips, surprises?

    I posted one of these up with my 2018 Exclaim. Figure the 2020 has a lot of new tech and gadgets, and some missing functions up for discussion.

    Few things I've noticed on my EX, independent volume for Satellite radio and FM radio. Seems kind of a weird feature, but I'd like my volume to be controlled singularly across all media.

    Missing storage tray under the back cargo floor area. Not sure why they got rid of this feature. I actually kept items in there and didn't worry about them rattling around.

    An interesting feature I noticed today while doing Rideshare. After about an hour or two of driving, the instrument cluster lights up with a message about taking a break, with an icon of a coffee cup, cool, I guess.

    Express d̶o̶w̶n̶ up on the driver's window is definitely a feature I'll miss.

    I also haven't noticed an Aux plug in for headphone jacks yet. In my 2018, it was right in front with the USB connections, but nothing showing on my 2020. I'm hoping it's somewhere as that's always something that annoying passengers ask for, "Can I plug in my phone and listen to my music in YOUR car at inconsiderate volumes?" Fortunately, I'm not doing as much rideshare as I used to, so that shouldn't be that big an issue.

    Another feature I saw the other day (which is rather standard for cars with built in navigation) but when the gas drops below a certain amount, the navigation map will ask you if you want to be directed to the nearest gas station.

    Also, for whatever reason, there's an "HD" button that gives you maps and weather forecasts. Not sure why they listed it under "HD". Lastly, my EX has a rear window washer nozzle for cleaning the rear windows, looks kind of weird, but a nice feature to have, I guess.

    I'm probably forgetting the most obvious features, but I'll post up as I remember them.
    Last edited by TXSSSoul; 06-17-2019 at 12:06 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Elder Soul sube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    2,677
    Drives
    2020 GT-line Limited white
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSSSoul View Post
    Lastly, my EX has a rear window washer nozzle for cleaning the rear windows, looks kind of weird, but a nice feature to have, I guess.

    I'm probably forgetting the most obvious features, but I'll post up as I remember them.
    Rear washer nozzle isn't new, my 2016 has it and to the best of my knowledge all models have it as well.

    Pat.
    2020 Soul GT-LINE LTD

  4. #3
    Senior Soul FLHamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,357
    Drives
    2020, 2.0L, IVT, LX "Jem"
    Rear window washer? My 2013 Base Model had it, and my 2020 LX has it too. Standard Equipment.

    How about that thing that turns off the engine every time you pull up to a stop light? I have a fix for that:
    Push the disengage button IN so the little LED comes on, then jam a piece of card stock in beside the switch to hold it in. The feature is effectively disabled, as long as the button remains depressed.

    Seat Belt alarm driving you crazy when you don't want to fasten your seat belt? Plug in a Seat Belt Extender. The car will think that a seat-belt is connected, and the alarm won't sound.
    And, if you like using your seat belt, an extender will make 'Buckling Up' a whole lot easier. I gave one to a good friend, and she loves it!

    I'm sure there will be more to come.

    Happy Father's Day Mates!

    FLH
    Last edited by FLHamster; 06-16-2019 at 10:21 PM.
    Now driving 2020, LX, 2.0L AT (IVT), Pearl White

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Elder Soul conwelpic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,480
    Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    good idea but TXSSSoul you should indicate in your drive info which model you have as features can vary between models - 2020 Soul is not much detail (I notice you mention EX a few times in your thread)

    "my EX has a rear window washer nozzle for cleaning the rear windows, looks kind of weird, but a nice feature to have, I guess"

    I presume you are talking about the hatch window - if so why would you not notice it on your 2018 Exclaim?
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

  7. #5
    Intermediate Soul TXSSSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    437
    Drives
    2020 Soul EX/2016 Chevy SS
    Quote Originally Posted by sube View Post
    Rear washer nozzle isn't new, my 2016 has it and to the best of my knowledge all models have it as well.

    Pat.
    Quote Originally Posted by conwelpic View Post
    good idea but TXSSSoul you should indicate in your drive info which model you have as features can vary between models - 2020 Soul is not much detail (I notice you mention EX a few times in your thread)

    "my EX has a rear window washer nozzle for cleaning the rear windows, looks kind of weird, but a nice feature to have, I guess"

    I presume you are talking about the hatch window - if so why would you not notice it on your 2018 Exclaim?

    That's interesting, I don't remember seeing it on my 2018 Exclaim. I figured even a base Exclaim would have it, especially if a lower trim level had it. I remember studying the steering wheel stalks and never seeing an option for a rear-window washer. Oh well.

    Oh and yes, mine is an EX Designer series (not sure what the Designer series entails, but I guess it's somewhat a tech package with LEDs).

  8. #6
    Elder Soul conwelpic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,480
    Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSSSoul View Post
    That's interesting, I don't remember seeing it on my 2018 Exclaim. I figured even a base Exclaim would have it, especially if a lower trim level had it. I remember studying the steering wheel stalks and never seeing an option for a rear-window washer. Oh well.

    Oh and yes, mine is an EX Designer series (not sure what the Designer series entails, but I guess it's somewhat a tech package with LEDs).
    that's important so now please add that to your drive info
    Designer Package includes: 18" alloys, LED headlights, positioning lights, taillights, fogs and a two-tone roof treatment.

    Rear washer has been standard on every model since it came out in 2010 - otherwise how would you keep your rear hatch window clean?

    here is the control on my 2016 - where it says "rear"

    Features, tricks, tips, surprises?-light-wiper-controls.jpg
    nick1946 likes this.
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

  9. #7
    Intermediate Soul TXSSSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    437
    Drives
    2020 Soul EX/2016 Chevy SS
    Quote Originally Posted by conwelpic View Post
    that's important so now please add that to your drive info
    Designer Package includes: 18" alloys, LED headlights, positioning lights, taillights, fogs and a two-tone roof treatment.

    Rear washer has been standard on every model since it came out in 2010 - otherwise how would you keep your rear hatch window clean?

    here is the control on my 2016 - where it says "rear"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	light-wiper controls.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	120859

    Umm, yeah I see the rear WIPER, I don't see the washer symbol though. I see the front washer symbol, but not one for the rear. Am I missing something?

  10. #8
    Elder Soul conwelpic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,480
    Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSSSoul View Post
    Umm, yeah I see the rear WIPER, I don't see the washer symbol though. I see the front washer symbol, but not one for the rear. Am I missing something?
    It's there it's just hard to see because of the light hitting the top of the stalk when I took the photo - pull towards you for the windshield, push away from you for the rear washer. The stalk is identical to the one I had on my 2012 model.

    I see the design of it has been changed for the 2020 model which certainly makes it clearer. But it was all clearly explained in your owners manual for your 2018, also didn't you notice the nozzle above the rear window on your 2018 in the center upper brake light?

    Features, tricks, tips, surprises?-lights-wipers-washers.jpg
    nick1946 likes this.
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

  11. #9
    Elder Soul GeoSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    5,251
    Drives
    Soul MT/2014/Titanium
    Yeah TX, pull to wash front, push to wash back.

    Did they seriously take auto down from the drivers window?

    My 2014 base MT has auto up & down for front row.

    I guess all the new driving nannies trumped the nice features from Gen 2.

  12. #10
    Elder Soul conwelpic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,480
    Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoSoul View Post

    Did they seriously take auto down from the drivers window?

    My 2014 base MT has auto up & down for front row.
    .
    US: one-touch down standard on all models; driver up-down on GT-line Turbo
    Canada: one-touch down standard on LX model; express up/down obstacle detecting front windows EX>
    Buzz, GeoSoul and TXSSSoul like this.
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2