New GT-Line Turbo Review

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By deejaydead
  • 1 Post By GeoSoul
  • 1 Post By deejaydead
  • 1 Post By cubx
  • 2 Post By sube

Thread: New GT-Line Turbo Review

Junior Soul
    Drives
    GT-Line Turbo/2020/Neptune Blu

New GT-Line Turbo Review

I know I'm adding fuel to the dct fire by posting this, but overall it's a great review. I've messaged back and forth a few times with him and he really does like the car as much as he appears to in the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_S-iJhVgP8
    GeoSoul likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    Soul MT/2014/Titanium
    I've followed some of his reviews too deejay. Did you see any during his Stinger ownership phase?

I enjoy his reactions because they are off the cuff.

When he says the DCT turbo is clumsy, especially at low speeds, almost like a manual transmission, I want to tell him "it IS a manual transmission, automatically controlled." That's how it's built to handle.

That's where I think some DCTs get a bad rap, because they aren't meant for people who just want a fast automatic.
    OrangeJulius likes this.

Drives
    2013 Alien Base; 2017 Red Plus
    I like the review but he is a little tedious with his repetitious statements. He does share my opinion of the need for the turbo, obviously I like that.
    NEW MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS THREAD: Hidden Content AND PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Junior Soul
    Drives
    GT-Line Turbo/2020/Neptune Blu
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoSoul View Post
    I've followed some of his reviews too deejay. Did you see any during his Stinger ownership phase?

I enjoy his reactions because they are off the cuff.

When he says the DCT turbo is clumsy, especially at low speeds, almost like a manual transmission, I want to tell him "it IS a manual transmission, automatically controlled." That's how it's built to handle.

That's where I think some DCTs get a bad rap, because they aren't meant for people who just want a fast automatic.

I haven't yet, I've been going back through his older vids, I just came across him when he posted his review on reddit.
    Yeah, I agree completely. I really enjoyed his genuine love of the car though. And the other minor misstatements are completely forgivable considering he only gets to spend a few days with the cars.
    In corresponding with him, he seems like a genuinely nice guy, so I thought I'd share here.
    GeoSoul likes this.

I love my GTL Turbo. Had it 2 weeks. Fun car so far. My only issue. The detailers at the dealer, is an idiot. Car came with swirls in the paint and they won't fix it.
    deejaydead likes this.

Drives
    2020 GT-line Limited white
    Quote Originally Posted by cubx View Post
    I love my GTL Turbo. Had it 2 weeks. Fun car so far. My only issue. The detailers at the dealer, is an idiot. Car came with swirls in the paint and they won't fix it.
    I usually give a new car the full treatment for this very reason, that means wash, clay bar, buff then wax. This gets rid of the rail dust plus any idiot damage.

Pat.
    deejaydead and y2krtaf like this.
    2020 Soul GT-LINE LTD

Drives
    2020 Soul EX/2016 Chevy SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Wierdo View Post
    I like the review but he is a little tedious with his repetitious statements. He does share my opinion of the need for the turbo, obviously I like that.
    lol, that was my initial thought, "How much shorter is it than a Toyota and Subaru? How much longer than a Miata?"

10. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)