What did you do for or with your new Soul today?

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What did you do for or with your new Soul today?

Drives
    2020, 2.0L, IVT, LX "Jem"

Cool What did you do for or with your new Soul today?

Today, I took 'Jem' for a little jaunt (about 75 miles) out to Cedar Key on the Gulf coast. It was a nice day for a re-visit. I had not been there since the last hurricane hit the place.
    Bikers love the place, as it's a nice destination for a 'Ride'.
    (click on pictures to enlarge)

What did you do for or with your new Soul today?-bikers-love-cedar-key.jpg

What did you do for or with your new Soul today?-restaurant-row.jpg

Along Restaurant Row, there are at least four eating places and they all serve Beer. It's a Bikers' paradise. lol
    Today, at least one place had live entertainment.

I couldn't have asked for a nicer day, and Jem ran like the Jewel she is. My odometer rolled over past 1000 miles today and got 34.4 Mpg for the trip, according to the 'Trip Meter'.
    Pretty darned good for a car that's not even broken in yet. I can't wait to get my K&N Air Cleaner for this car. That should give her a little more SCAT!

Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?
    Happy Trails!

Last edited by FLHamster; 05-19-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    mikewo6o likes this.
    Now driving 2020, LX, 2.0L AT (IVT), Pearl White

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    I really went all out today......

I installed my vanity plate on the front of "Jem".

Then I replaced the Lic. Plate light bulbs with LED bulbs, and also the map lights.
    The stock bulbs have a yellowish look, while the new LED's are bright white.
    It's a little thing, but just one more small improvement, that only cost a few dollars.

Cheers Mates!

Drives
    2020 Soul/2016 Chevy SS
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHamster View Post
    I really went all out today......

I installed my vanity plate on the front of "Jem".

Then I replaced the Lic. Plate light bulbs with LED bulbs, and also the map lights.
    The stock bulbs have a yellowish look, while the new LED's are bright white.
    It's a little thing, but just one more small improvement, that only cost a few dollars.

Cheers Mates!

Careful, I got some flack from some on here for changing out my LEDs....

I think the only thing I'll do for my Soul is get some Weathertech mats. Based on what I'm seeing though, they only have the front mats available. I have some seat covers that I'm going to put in place as well. If/when I decide to get back into rideshare, I'm going to cover the car. People are generally animals.
    Last edited by TXSSSoul; 05-20-2019 at 11:16 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    I don't know who would want to give you any flack over an LED.
    Information is one thing, that's why at least some of us are here, but flack? Not necessary.

Several years ago, I bought some replacement LED's for my 2013 Soul. For the most part, they worked OK.

Well, I still had a few of those 5 LED bulbs laying around and decided to use them on my 2020 Soul LX.
    In the map lights (2) some did not come on at all and others only lit two out of five LED's.
    Well, they were from China and if I remember correctly it took almost a month to get them.
    That's not the first thing I've ordered over the internet and later found out they were coming from China, and after a long wait, they didn't even work.

So I did a little local shopping for replacement LED bulbs and I found one at Walmart for $6.88. It worked, with no flicker.
    I think it had a Sylvania label. There were several of different wattages, and I got one with the highest wattage.

It's a very small thing, since I very seldom drive at night, but just something I wanted to do, without spending a great amount of money.

But I can understand anyone who would rather just not take a chance on something that might not work.

Cheers Mates!

Last edited by FLHamster; 05-22-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Drives

Cool

One thing I've been interested in getting for my new Soul is a set of Roof Racks. Something that's actually functional, and not just cosmetic.

I called my dealer this morning, and talked to the parts man, and (sniff) found out that KIA has not released Roof Racks for the 2020 model yet.

So I'll just add that to my list of "Not Available for the 2020 year, yet" accessories.

Strange that Kia provides the anchor points for Roof Racks, but does not provide the racks themselves.

But, when I did an Internet search, I found several that claim to work on a 2020 Soul.

Wishing y'all a Happy Memorial Day!

Last edited by FLHamster; 05-24-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    mikewo6o likes this.

Drives

Cool

I think I broke the Internet yesterday. I did a search for IVT transmissions. Zero, zilch, crickets! But lots of info on CVT transmissions.
    I already understood those, because I had one on my Harley Topper Motor Scooter. It worked great, just like the AT in my 2020 Soul.
    So I'm still on a search for information on just "What is an IVT?" and how does it differ from a CVT?

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone!

PS: During more searching, I did find this on the IVT from Kia. But still no technical data.
    https://www.enginetechnologyinternat...n-in-2020.html
    Last edited by FLHamster; 05-24-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHamster View Post
    I think I broke the Internet yesterday. I did a search for IVT transmissions. Zero, zilch, crickets! But lots of info on CVT transmissions.
    I guess you've not seen my thread on this subject
    https://www.kiasoulforums.com/205-so...sion-info.html
    Last edited by conwelpic; 05-24-2019 at 03:47 PM.
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

Drives
    So, I just watched it, and he's reviewing the 2019 Forte, and not the 2020 Soul LX. And nowhere did he ever say the word "IVT".

I talked to the Expert at my KIA dealership today and even he couldn't explain exactly how the IVT works. From what he said, I get the impression it's a CVT with a brain boost.

When I put it in SPORT mode and manually went through the 'gears' I got 8 separate shift points, just like it was an 8 speed AT.

Well, whatever.....it runs like a scalded cat and I really have to watch the speedometer to keep even somewhere close to the speed limit. Out on the BIG Road, 100 mph is quick and easy. (I-75 with light traffic)

I filled up the gas tank yesterday at my local BP station and the readout on the dash panel said I had 400 miles before the next fill-up. Yikes!

I'm getting better acquainted with this new Soul every day, and more satisfied with her too. The gas mileage is much better than with my 2013 Soul.

Oh, by the way, I found out that the Kia Roof Racks won't be out till September. And If I buy a Magnetic Oil Drain Plug for my engine, my dealership will install it for me on my next Oil Change. All in all, it was a good day.

Happy Memorial Day, Y'all !

Intermediate Soul
    Drives
    ! /2015/Fathom/Umber
    The IVT sure sounds like a CVT to me. IVT just sounds line a marketing label!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Drives
    Really! But a CVT is a mechanical thing that depends on centrifugal force to change ratios, and while the IVT somewhat does that, it also relies on some computer magic and therein lies the IVT designation.

But whatchamacallit, (whatever you may call it) it does work well in this little car and with the 2.0L engine. Acceleration is phenomenal, and very smooth going through the various shift points.
    I question though, how long it would last pulling a trailer. ??? Or pulling anything.
    I don't think I'll even try to find out.

Oh, by the way, Kia is still recommending the use of Chevron-Techron (fuel injector cleaner) in all Kia engines. So says my Kia parts man.

Happy Memorial Day, Y'all !

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)