Brain Locked...Send Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! - Page 4

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Brain Locked...Send Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Drives
    2020LX & 2012+
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoSoul View Post
    ... but car #2 may have a hidden factory defect that will show up later. That's why they are offering you such a great deal at #2. Right? Wait, no. What?

Don't be a Gomer, go get #1 srad.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa...Yes, perplexing and convoluted as they come, my deal is!
    Both vehicles, same color, model, price.
    Only 125 miles and a few accessories (autostart/mud guards) separate the two.
    GeoSoul likes this.
    Are We Not Men?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2020 Soul/2016 Chevy SS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sradiator View Post
    You know...I consider my self a fairly intelligent, strong minded, opinionated individual.
    I understand cars back/front/upside down.
    I've become so "brain locked" over this purchase, I can not begin to tell you!
    What you have said here has weighed HEAVILY upon my mind as there is great validity in it.
    I am re-evaluating my decision now...
    I was at peace after making yesterdays decision but now, once again...there is doubt.
    I took the car from Dealer 1 on a nice road test hwy/city and it looked/felt fine.
    Idled so smooth I didn't even know it was running.
    Gotta be honest...my 2012 seems faster but this is definitely smoooooooooooth and I quite like the I.V.T.
    As my good friend Gomer Pyle would say:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5VZjT0JE70

I used to also have paralysis from decisions like this, but decided a long time ago to just go for it. I used to really agonize over things, wanting to get the absolute best deal, and the best value. I realized that all I was doing was wasting my time and not getting to enjoy things because I'd obsess so much over them that it was inevitable that I'd get buyer's remorse no matter how much I scrutinized things. Some people really like sweating the details though, which is perfectly ok. In the end, you're the one that's paying for it, so ultimately you're the only person that has to be happy.

What are your favorite features of the new car over your old car? What don't you like about it over your old car (If you had express up windows on your old car, I already see that as something you might not like)? As for it feeling slower, does your car have a "Sport" button? You may try using that, as it holds a lower "gear" longer. Congrats on the new car, oh and pics or it didn't happen.

Drives
    2020 Soul/2016 Chevy SS
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoSoul View Post
    ... but car #2 may have a hidden factory defect that will show up later. That's why they are offering you such a great deal at #2. Right? Wait, no. What?

Don't be a Gomer, go get #1 srad.

Car #2 had a secret map sewn into the passenger seat that leads you to one-eyed Willie's treasure.... (You'll never guess what was on TV a few minutes ago)....

GeoSoul likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Junior Soul
    Drives
    2015 Base Auto - 2018 Base Man
    When I was undecided on anything, My Dad used to say " You need to poop or get off the pot!"

Drives
    2020LX & 2012+
    Quote Originally Posted by garix View Post
    When I was undecided on anything, My Dad used to say " You need to poop or get off the pot!"
    I guess I'm chronically afflicted with procrastinator constipation...
    garix likes this.
    Are We Not Men?

Drives
    2020LX & 2012+
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSSSoul View Post
    I used to also have paralysis from decisions like this, but decided a long time ago to just go for it. I used to really agonize over things, wanting to get the absolute best deal, and the best value. I realized that all I was doing was wasting my time and not getting to enjoy things because I'd obsess so much over them that it was inevitable that I'd get buyer's remorse no matter how much I scrutinized things. Some people really like sweating the details though, which is perfectly ok. In the end, you're the one that's paying for it, so ultimately you're the only person that has to be happy.

What are your favorite features of the new car over your old car? What don't you like about it over your old car (If you had express up windows on your old car, I already see that as something you might not like)? As for it feeling slower, does your car have a "Sport" button? You may try using that, as it holds a lower "gear" longer. Congrats on the new car, oh and pics or it didn't happen.

You've pretty much summed me up here.
    While knowledge is supposed to be power, in my case it is a curse.
    Knowing all the things that can go wrong and subsequently fretting over each and every one.
    They say the devil's in the details but lately the devils in my head.
    Are We Not Men?

Drives
    2012+ MT
    Maybe you really don't want a new car.

Drives
    2020LX & 2012+
    Quote Originally Posted by neiljrosen View Post
    Maybe you really don't want a new car.

Well...anytime my hand goes into my wallet, I do get uncomfortable.
    With 6 new Hyundai and our current 2012 soul under my belt, (and over 100 new & used motorcycles) I think it's fair to say I am able to make a purchase.
    My problem is that thoughts lead to concerns and concerns turn into fears and fears become debilitating "brain lock"
    Do I need therapy. you ask?
    [email protected] answer!
    Trouble is...my track record thoughts-concerns-fears is almost flawless.
    Most time when I'm concerned...there is reason to be.
    All this being said my solution is to leave little as possible to chance and control as much of what I can as possible.
    Hope for the best...prepare for the worst...control what you can...be at peace with what you can not.
    It's the "at peace" part that I still have trouble coping with.
    As my friends tell me all the time "my game is tight" but old age and poor sight have altered that game I am afraid.
    Couple that with me being the consummate bargain hunter/shopper and perhaps you can see where I have become a bit self defeating over time.
    When folks tell me to "think outside the box", I bet they had no idea I would be thinking outside the atmosphere!
    Last edited by The Sradiator; 05-19-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Are We Not Men?

Drives
    2020LX & 2012+
    PS: As if I needed a PS here?
    As I sit here typing away, I think I WILL go with dealer #1.
    Though any miles that are not my own makes me uncomfortable perhaps facing my fear is a good thing?
    If I was wrong, I will admit to it.
    If I was right, next time it won't happen again.
    At my age I have always been a creature of habit and those habits have kept me (and others) safe over the years.
    It's a brave new world out there and perhaps I'm just having trouble keeping up with the changes.
    This dealer really has done most everything they can to satisfy me considering the rocky start and after all...the car Is brand new.
    It all fades into the woodwork over time so maybe all that is required is a little time to let that happen?
    Last edited by The Sradiator; 05-19-2019 at 03:11 PM.
    GeoSoul likes this.
    Are We Not Men?

Drives
    2020 Soul/2016 Chevy SS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sradiator View Post
    I guess I'm chronically afflicted with procrastinator constipation...
    You just coined a new phrase, "proconstipator".....

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)