2020 Soul LX AT - Does it come with SiriusXM ??? - Page 4

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 2020 Soul LX AT - Does it come with SiriusXM ???

Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    just took a quick look on a couple of US big sellers with regards availability of Sirius XM radio

2019 Civic & HR-V - available on the EX >

2020 Corolla:
    sedan - XLE >
    hatchback - XSE >

therefore not available in lower end less expensive models

2019 Mazda 3 sedan and CX-3 - not available on any of their models
    Last edited by conwelpic; 05-20-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2020 Soul/2016 Chevy SS
    Quote Originally Posted by hypecat View Post
    I pay about $35 for 6 months on my other vehicles. I get traffic and weather on my bike (the radar overlays the nav screen; how sweet is that!).

As you all probably know, you have to cancel at re-up time and negotiate the $$
    I was a little disappointed with my current package on my other vehicle. They charge about $6.00 a month and there are probably only about 20 stations.

Intermediate Soul
    Drives
    2011 Soul ! Alien Green
    When did they change it from Sirius to XM?
    Even if Sirius bought out XM, they are different programming wise and are supported by different sattelites.
    So it goes...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Even if Sirius bought out XM, they are different programming wise and are supported by different sattelites.
    I think they are almost the same, they have the same stations from what I can tell, but the station number may be a little different. For $35 for 6 months, I get a ton of stations.

Drives
    2020 Soul/2016 Chevy SS
    They call it SiriusXM.

The plan that they signed me up, sounded good at first, it was SiriusXM All Access. Now it seems like they just cut the access to more than 1/2 the programming but still charge the same rate. I may wind up cancelling after my free service is over on my Kia. Definitely canceling on my other vehicle.

Drives
    SXSE/2014/FATHOM BLUE/POLAR/AT
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius_XM_Satellite_Radio

Intermediate Soul
    Drives
    2011 Soul ! Alien Green
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSSSoul View Post
    They call it SiriusXM.

The plan that they signed me up, sounded good at first, it was SiriusXM All Access. Now it seems like they just cut the access to more than 1/2 the programming but still charge the same rate. I may wind up cancelling after my free service is over on my Kia. Definitely canceling on my other vehicle.
    The 2011 Soul has a Sirius receiver in it, with a SiriusXM plan. I know that the company is SiriusXM, but the programming is slightly different on those satellites, and there are still physically separated networks.
    So my question was more of when did they switch to the XM receivers? Not very relevant, more of a curiosity.

LE: Got my answer from Sirius themselves. 2013 model had a "Sirius" receiver, the 2014 came with "SiriusXM" radio.

Satellites

As of May 2017, there are five satellites in orbit: two XM and two Sirius satellites and one spare. XM-3 and XM-4 are the active satellites for the XM service and replaced the original XM-1 and XM-2 satellites which were placed into a disposal orbit. Sirius FM-5 and FM-6 function as the primaries for the Sirius side. FM-6 which was launched on October 25, 2013 and declared ready for service on December 2, 2013 initially served as an in orbit spare while the company worked to deploy repeaters for the Sirius side which were needed to transition to full geostationary operation. In 2016 FM-6 was put into active service and officially replaced Sirius originals FM-1 through FM-3 which operated in elliptical orbit. FM-1 through FM-3 were later placed into disposal orbits. With this change FM-5 and FM-6 exclusively serve the Sirius service mirroring XM-3 and 4. Before FM-6 was launched, XM-5 was sent into orbit by Proton from Kazakhstan, on October 14, 2010, and is capable of broadcasting to either service. XM-5 serves as the in orbit spare for the entire system and can function in place of either a Sirius or XM satellite. In late 2016 Sirius XM placed an order for two new satellites SXM-7 and SXM-8 which will replace XM-3 and XM-4. These are scheduled for launch in 2019 and 2020 respectively.

Sirius satellites broadcast within the S band frequencies from 2.3200–2.3325 GHz, while XM radio uses adjacent frequencies 2.3325–2.3450 GHz.
    Last edited by SoNic67; 05-21-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    So it goes...

Drives
    2020 Soul/2016 Chevy SS
    I just cancelled service for one of my vehicles. They tried to sign me up at the typical $5 a month (plus fees) but after a few months of checking out the channels, they didn't have some of the channels that I listen to. It turns out it's mostly the decades, the hits, and a few other sparse channels. If you renew, be mindful of the channel lineup change. Seems kind of deceitful to me, but it is what it is I guess.

Drives
    Soul MT/2014/Titanium
    SiriusXM has a new Essentials pkg (like 300 channels) for $8/mo. Streaming only.

What I don't get is it says "for outside the car." If you're streaming it on your phone into Android Auto or ACP, or just bluetoothing through the head unit, how or why would they care if you're in a car? What am I missing here?

SiriusXM also owns Pandora now. They bought them several months ago. You'll notice Ch3 is now called Pandora.

Banned
    Drives
    Soul Ev/2017/Gray
    Either fix the issue by getting an aftermarket solution or buy a different vehicle.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)