Any thoughts on the difference in fog lights? - Page 2

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Any thoughts on the difference in fog lights?

How do you insert full-size pictures? The forum seems to be downsizing mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

I think I might have figured it out... Here:

Any thoughts on the difference in fog lights?-soulheadlights.jpg

Intermediate Soul
    Drives
    16 Soul base black
    Quote Originally Posted by sube View Post
    And by doing so blind every oncoming driver, the reflector in the base halogen headlights is not designed for either LED or HID aftermarket add ons, they will scatter the light al over hell's half acre.

Pat.
    Yeah. This. Please don't put light sources in that don't match the light sources that the optics were designed for. At the very least, transplant LED or HID optics into the incandescent housings. Still not technically legal according to US law, but you'll be way more functional and safer for both you and other people on the road.
    Engineer/techy guy. 90 CRX, 08 Frontier, 16 Soul, 17 BRZ. All stick.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2020 Soul EX/2016 Chevy SS
    And by doing so blind every oncoming driver, the reflector in the base halogen headlights is not designed for either LED or HID aftermarket add ons, they will scatter the light al over hell's half acre.

Pat.

Considering how bad the base headlights are, it depends on whether you want poor visibility or great visibility while making it uncomfortable to others. In this area, bar lights seem to be popular among big truck drivers, I'm ok with spraying them with the same kind of brightness that they spray me.

Drives
    2019 M/T base
    I love LED.
    Both travel trailers at ranch are fully converted as available power is limited to solar/battery.
    House is 99% LED
    Both vehicles are all LED interior and some exterior (license plate on Soul, cargo lights on truck)

But I am not ready to change to LED for headlights, even for very early morning driving.
    For those who do, there are some H13/9008 leds which are a flat beam and even some which are/claim DOT approval.

If a LEO does stop someone for blinding them, chances are the lights won't be the only item on the citation.
    Stock + cruise control

Drives
    2020 GT-line Limited white
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSSSoul View Post
    Considering how bad the base headlights are, it depends on whether you want poor visibility or great visibility while making it uncomfortable to others. In this area, bar lights seem to be popular among big truck drivers, I'm ok with spraying them with the same kind of brightness that they spray me.
    That is a pretty inconsiderate and selfish point of view, what about every other driver on the road. Incidentally it is wrong to have the intention to deliberately blind any driver, you just might be the other driver that they plow into, notwithstanding other drivers. Please take your immature musings elsewhere.

Pat.
    nick1946 and Wzlwgn like this.
    2020 Soul GT-LINE LTD

Even if someone were to change their 2020 halogen headlight bulbs....how would they do it? I looked under the hood and it doesn't look possible unless you removed a fender.

Drives
    That is a pretty inconsiderate and selfish point of view, what about every other driver on the road. Incidentally it is wrong to have the intention to deliberately blind any driver, you just might be the other driver that they plow into, notwithstanding other drivers. Please take your immature musings elsewhere.

Pat.

Really? You think me getting LEDs on my vehicle to replace the horrendous yellow factory base bulbs is "intentionally blinding" people? Please grow some thicker skin if you're going to get on the internet.

At any rate, one thing I do like about the LED treatment on the 2020s is the daytime LEDs. It reminds me a bit of the Camaros when I pull up behind someone at a light. I just hope I'm not "blinding" the person in front of me.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any thoughts on the difference in fog lights?-20190518_093557.jpg  
    Last edited by TXSSSoul; 05-18-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Drives
    2020 GT-line Limited white
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSSSoul View Post
    Really? You think me getting LEDs on my vehicle to replace the horrendous yellow factory base bulbs is "intentionally blinding" people? Please grow some thicker skin if you're going to get on the internet.

I has nothing to do with having thick skin, but it does have everything to do with inconsiderate dimwits installing LEDs or HIDs in housings they were never designed for. Why do you think the car makers install more expensive housings when they have LED lights or HID lights on the cars. Do you think for one minute if the reflector style headlight was sufficient they wouldn't use them, they would in a heartbeat.

Pat.
    2020 Soul GT-LINE LTD

Drives
    I has nothing to do with having thick skin, but it does have everything to do with inconsiderate dimwits installing LEDs or HIDs in housings they were never designed for. Why do you think the car makers install more expensive housings when they have LED lights or HID lights on the cars. Do you think for one minute if the reflector style headlight was sufficient they wouldn't use them, they would in a heartbeat.

Pat.
    Sorry, but if you're going to fly off the handle TWICE, and resort to name calling because I stated that there are plenty of cars that have insanely blinding lights, and that I'm indifferent to the LEDs that I installed on a vehicle THAT I DON'T EVEN OWN ANYMORE, then yes you have some thin skin, and quite frankly some anger issues.

I'm guessing based on your over-reaction, you must have some issues to resolve in real life. May be time to lower your sodium intake, or may be time for you to discuss your employer/significant other/family situation with the person that is making you feel the need to lash out online (for something as petty as me stating that I'm not as concerned with spraying oncoming traffic with light--you're not speaking on behalf of vampires are you?). In other words, stop trying to be the "hero of the headlights", and more importantly, stop trying to indirectly insult me. I'm personally fine with being insulted (I'm not thin skinned, nor anything to prove to anyone online), but the mod staff may not take too kindly to it.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)