Downgrade/Upgrade

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Downgrade/Upgrade

Drives
    2020 Soul EX/2016 Chevy SS

Downgrade/Upgrade

So, not sure how many people were aware of my issues with the DCT and the 1.6t. After having one transmission replaced, I didn't want to risk issues with the next 40K miles. Even with a new transmission, I still felt the weird DCT feel a little jittery. Enter last night. I had my vehicle appraised and the blue below just called to me like a siren at sea. I'm still figuring everything out, but at least the initial throttle tip in doesn't make me feel like I'm driving drunk. One thing this one has that I'm not really fond of, the engine cut off. I can't imagine much gas is being saved by cutting the fuel for the second I come to a stop at a stop sign. Oh well, hopefully this one will last longer....

Downgrade/Upgrade-20190424-193314.jpg

Attachment 120087

Downgrade/Upgrade-20190425-174127.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Downgrade/Upgrade-20190425-185644.jpg   Downgrade/Upgrade-20190425-185654.jpg   Downgrade/Upgrade-20190425-185737.jpg  
    Last edited by TXSSSoul; 04-26-2019 at 05:50 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    Downgrade/Upgrade-20190425-185644.jpg

Downgrade/Upgrade-20190425-185654.jpg

Downgrade/Upgrade-20190425-185737.jpg

Downgrade/Upgrade-20190425-185741.jpg
    Buzz, deejaydead, GeoSoul and 2 others like this.

Drives
    2013 Alien Base; 2017 Red Plus
    Nice looking ride, good luck. Is it an EX? If so, did you get the tech package? Interested if that package is worth the money one has to pay for a handfull of LEDs.
    NEW MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS THREAD: Hidden Content AND PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Wierdo View Post
    Nice looking ride, good luck. Is it an EX? If so, did you get the tech package? Interested if that package is worth the money one has to pay for a handfull of LEDs.
    Thanks, and yeah it did run a little pricey for the tech package as an EX with some sort of IVT moniker behind it. I didn't know that the GT package came without the 1.6T or else I may have just gotten that package. I did get $1000 in incentives which was a surprise to me. It came with a wireless charging station and all the safety features like lane assist, etc. I'll upload the window sticker when I get a chance.
    Batman_1939 and mikewo6o like this.

Drives
    2013 Alien Base; 2017 Red Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSSSoul View Post
    ...little pricey for the tech package as an EX with some sort of IVT moniker behind it...GT package came without the 1.6T...I did get $1000 in incentives which was a surprise to me...I'll upload the window sticker when I get a chance.
    The tech package adds about 1500 I believe. It includes LED lights, the designer (two tone or special paint) and some interior cloth and leather seat upgrade. To me, I don't really like the two tone paint schemes so the package is not worth it to me since I don't care about the LED lamp upgrade. The GT line non turbo does not come with many extra featues other than some paint splashes. It is cheaper than the EX model though.

The GT-line has a package that can be had but the basic price of the GT-line is the same as the LX auto. The upgrade package includes some safety features, some interior trinketts and the all important sun roof. The local dealer here is choked with 2020 models (186 as of last count).

I agree with you though, I wouldn't want the GT Turbo with all the DCT problems I have read about here. Speed is a young man's venue, I slowed down years ago.
    Last edited by Shaggy Wierdo; 04-26-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    mikewo6o and TXSSSoul like this.
    NEW MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS THREAD: Hidden Content AND PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.

Drives
    2018 1 Million, 2020 Soul EX
    TXSSOUL...I had been following your issues with the 1.6 turbo and DCT. When I purchased my 2020 EX last week, I had decided to stay away from the DCT, and at my stage of life, I don't need the extra power with the turbo. Wish you the best with your new EX. Mine is gold with a white top.

I don't like the engine cut-off. I try to remember to press the off switch after I start the vehicle.
    Last edited by mikewo6o; 04-26-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    pnoman and TXSSSoul like this.
    Wife's Soul is 2018 1 Million Special Edition 2.0, Mine is 2020 EX 2.0 IVT.

Junior Soul
    Drives
    2015 Base Auto - 2018 Base Man
    You might contact these folks to see if they have any plans for Kia.
    https://www.smartstopstart.com/
    mikewo6o likes this.

Drives
    Soul MT/2014/Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewo6o View Post

I don't like the engine cut-off. I try to remember to press the off switch after I start the vehicle.
    I wonder if there's a way a tech could set the Start/Stop default to off? Or has Kia made that impossible to do.
    mikewo6o likes this.

Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Wierdo View Post
    it's called the Designer Package
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

Junior Soul
    Drives
    GT-Line Turbo/2020/Neptune Blu
    I drive in stop and go traffic 3 hours a day to got to work and back. I initially hated the start/stop, but I made myself leave it on for a couple of days, and in that situation, it made a substantial difference in my mileage (5-8 mpg higher with it enabled). So I'm learning to appreciate it a bit more. I'm amazed that I'm getting an average of 35mpg in a 200hp turbocharged box.
    With that being said, if I'm not driving in rush hour traffic, I turn it off. That momentary hesitation of waiting for the motor to fire has caused me to spin the tires more times than I want to admit (light turns green, foot off the brake and on the gas, THEN the engine starts, followed by spinning wheels and tire smoke....)
    mikewo6o likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)