Have You Made Any Mods That REALLY Made A Difference?

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Have You Made Any Mods That REALLY Made A Difference?

Intermediate Soul
    Drives
    '08Mazda3, '95Miata, '11Forte

Have You Made Any Mods That REALLY Made A Difference?

Just wondering if anyone has made any handling or engine mods that really made your Soul a much better car?

Over the years I've watched gearheads spend thousands in shocks, springs, swaybars, bushings, computer chips, air filters, plugs, wires, fresh air induction, different wheels, etc. And other than adding a supercharger or turbo, most mods really added little to what the car was originally. Frankly, as I look at all the things I've done to make my Miata a "better" car.....probably the most two biggest things were sticky high performance tires and advancing the timing a few degrees. I don't mean it isn't fun to play with all those other things but in all honesty an average driver (my wife) would probably never feel the difference.

So, is there anything you've done that the factory "should" have done to make it better car performance wise?
    Last edited by Hawker; 05-12-2014 at 03:14 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2010 ! Alien I, Auto
    The SSD strut bar made a big difference in handling on my 2010 Exclaim. Much more stable and planted to the road.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using the AutoGuide App.
    Avital Remote Start System, Billet Fuel Door, Diode Dynamics LED's, Findway Catchall Floor Mats, Kenwood DMX7705S AM/FM Receiver with Android Auto, Kenwood Weblink & Backup Cam, "K" Emblems, Kia OEM Splash Guards, Konig Lace 16x7, LED Eyebrows, Magnaflow Exhaust, Portal Accent Trim, Puddle Lights, Sport Spoiler, SSD Roof Rails, SSD Strut Tower Brace, Takeda CAI, VG Shark Fin Antenna V2, VisionPromotions Ground Cable Kit.

Hidden Content

Drives
    2011+ Denim AT
    I don't have one but from what I've read, as Buzz said, the SSD strut bar seams to make a noticeable difference. I'll get one someday!
    Onward, thru the fog!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2013 Soul, Base, AT, White
    Simple stuff, that won't void the warranty is all I do.

Install a K&N Air cleaner on the engine, for easier breathing and a little more BHP.

Extra air in the tires, for better handling, quicker steering and longer coasting. Saves fuel!

"Prolong Oil additive" in the engine, for less friction, less heat and more BHP. Saves fuel!
    (and prolongs the life of the engine)

I've done nothing, that anyone else can't do for just a few bucks. Way less than changes to the suspension.

Happy Motoring!

2013 Base 1.6L White, 6-Speed AT, K&N Air Filter, Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter, HoMade Arm Rests, Kia Nose Guard

Drives
    2016 Base Clear White M/T
    +1 on the SSD strut bar. Before I bought it, I thought no way a bar could make that much difference, but you notice a huge difference, even straight line driving and hitting pot holes. Worth the money!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Drives
    2013+,Range Rover,350Z,Lotus
    Interestng info on the strut bar.If I had to offer one gripe on my 013 + its the front suspension.
    Its just seems "loose".Based on past vehicles I've owned it feels like front shocks(struts )are loose or,
    a bushing is worn.Not bad on regular smooth surface driving.Just when you hit bumps.You just don't get
    a solid suspension rebound.
    Will the strut bar solve this?

Drives
    2013 Alien Base; 2017 Red Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by GTV View Post
    Interestng info on the strut bar.If I had to offer one gripe on my 013 + its the front suspension.
    Its just seems "loose".Based on past vehicles I've owned it feels like front shocks(struts )are loose or,
    a bushing is worn.Not bad on regular smooth surface driving.Just when you hit bumps.You just don't get
    The bar is relatively inexpensive, it is fairly easy to install (a little drilling is all), and it can't hurt anything. Give it a try.
    NEW MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS THREAD: Hidden Content AND PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.

Drives
    2010 ! Alien I, Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by GTV View Post
    Yes!!!! The main reason to have a strut bar is to tighten up the front end.....
    Avital Remote Start System, Billet Fuel Door, Diode Dynamics LED's, Findway Catchall Floor Mats, Kenwood DMX7705S AM/FM Receiver with Android Auto, Kenwood Weblink & Backup Cam, "K" Emblems, Kia OEM Splash Guards, Konig Lace 16x7, LED Eyebrows, Magnaflow Exhaust, Portal Accent Trim, Puddle Lights, Sport Spoiler, SSD Roof Rails, SSD Strut Tower Brace, Takeda CAI, VG Shark Fin Antenna V2, VisionPromotions Ground Cable Kit.

Hidden Content

Drives
    '11 Onyx 4U A/T
    Ditto on the SSD strut bar. It totally enhances the driving experience for drivers..........if you just pootle about town I wouldn't bother with it, but if you like to press on a bit around the twisty bits you'll love what it does.

Read my experiences (and other's) here: https://www.kiasoulforums.com/26-soul...pressions.html
    Resistance is futile - You will be asSOULmilated

Hidden Content

Martin

Drives
    2013 Base 6 MT Moss Green
    Strut bars are probably the biggest change you can make to something like the Soul and notice it unless you're a real driving aficionado. When I had Miatas one of the first things we (as in the community) did was add the strut bar. Without it there's too much independent flex in the shock towers, giving the car the feel of walking on a mattress when you're hitting road deformities. Same thing on my old Mustangs, wherein the bar would be a 3 point bar to tie the shock towers to the firewall. That made a noticeable difference in just normal driving. Things like lowering springs or polyurethane bushings only really mattered to people who were driving the vehicle hard, as you'd never really notice it in normal driving.

PS: Hawker, I had 2 95 Miatas. The best year as far as I'm concerned! I wish I had a farm so I had enough room to keep all the cars I enjoy, because I loved the Miata.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)