2013 Soul 4U MyUvo Update?

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Thread: 2013 Soul 4U MyUvo Update?

2013 Soul 4U MyUvo Update?

I just bought a Soul 4U (Canadian Model). It has the MyUvo system in it and I read a number of posts about updating the MyUvo software... This seems sensible to me, given that it may improve compatibility with newer phones and add some features. Who knows?

Well when I put my VIN in the my Uvo website I get an error that my VIN is not valid. i've triple checked it and its good... I contacted Kia and here'
    s what they said:

"Please note that UVO Intelligence is available on certain 2018 model year Kia Rio, Stinger and Optima, select 2019 model year Sorento, Sedona , Rio, Optima and Forte, and select 2020 model year Soul, Soul EV, Optima, Sedona, Sportage and Telluride."

Well i don't care about Myuvo Intelligence.. so I wrote back and they said:

"We invite you to visit the following website: www mapnsoft com and select your vehicle model, you will see a link allowing you to purchase the updates for your vehicle. You are responsible for the cost associated with the updates."

well i dont even think my car has mapping at all. So confused... but is there any point in updating myuvo? Or should I just leave well enough alone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2013 Alien Base; 2017 Red Plus
    We cannot help you if we don't know what you are driving. Follow the link at the bottom of the page and enter your car info, at least so that we know what you are talking about. UVO has evolved over the years and in the Soul UVO Intelligence has only come into play in the 2020. But UVO is different from year to year so that not all years are the same. In the early days it is very basic and some years had two versions out, a cripple version and a more advanced version base on the model you had. What makes it even worse is that you have a Canadian model and they had less UVO in them than the US versions did. You may be chasing your own tail on this one.
    NEW MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS THREAD: Hidden Content AND PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.

Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    leave it alone, I don't think there was any update on the Canadian versions - but not much to update anyway. I had a 2012 4u with the UVO system and it was still the same in 2016 when I traded it on my current 2016 SX with the UVO system and it still looks basically same too.
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks I'll leave it alone... I had the misguided impression that an update would improve things. The process to add songs to the Jukebox is very tedious! I was actually thinking an update might allow carplay or android auto to work (but honestly that is so unlikely to come via software update).

Thanks for the responses!

Drives
    2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by bbking67 View Post
    Thanks I'll leave it alone... I had the misguided impression that an update would improve things. The process to add songs to the Jukebox is very tedious! I was actually thinking an update might allow carplay or android auto to work (but honestly that is so unlikely to come via software update).

Thanks for the responses!
    if you are referring to loading one at a time to Jukebox, then you can load it all in one go till its full. I've done this on my 2012 and my 2016.
    Last edited by conwelpic; 06-11-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    2.0L, leather, power-folding mirrors, cooling glove box, auto climate, smart key/push-button start, heated steering wheel

8. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)