Soul Seat?

1. Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums – General discussion forum for Kia Soul

Welcome to Kia Soul Owners Forums - a website dedicated to all things Kia Soul.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Soul Owners Forums today!

Thread: Soul Seat?

Intermediate Soul
    Drives
    2011 Soul ! Alien Green

Soul Seat?

I had a longer drive in the driver seat (leather) of my 2011 ! Soul. Well... it was pretty uncomfortable, with a little back pain towards the end. Besides being a harsh seat compared to my Sable, I also have the feeling that the foam is worn unevenly, slightly tilted to the left side, the door side. This happend on other cars that I have bought used, like the previous people would not sit straight in their seat.

Now... should I try to get a new foam support for that seat (IMO not so great from the start) or a whole new aftermarket seat? The OE seats have side airbags in them and they are heated.
    Anyone here did any research into this?
    Seems like there are two part numbers, for the whole assy (I think I have the one with height adjust), that would fit to my 2.0L, both for a "cool" $375:
    https://www.kiapartsnow.com/genuine/...2k111alf.html?

On my Ford Explorer (also leather seat), I tried to replace the foam, but because of included heating and side airbag, it was complicated to remove. I ended up adding some foam on that side of the seat, under the leather cover.
    Last edited by SoNic67; 05-19-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    So it goes...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    2013 Alien Base; 2017 Red Plus
    It is your comfort. Spend the money for a one to one OEM replacement or risk going without the heated seats and air bags. If you do a half assed job, you will be getting rid of the car which is bound to cost you more money. Just my .02.
    NEW MEMBERS SHOULD READ THIS THREAD: Hidden Content AND PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.

Intermediate Soul
    Drives
    2011 Soul ! Alien Green
    It's my wife's daily driver, she mostly drives short trips in town, so I'll have to run that by her
    She felt that too on drives that were like one hour long.

Maybe I'll try first to add a thin layer of upholstery foam under the leather cover. I just got the sample pack, for $5...
    Last edited by SoNic67; 05-19-2019 at 09:21 PM.
    So it goes...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Drives
    14 White Red Zone Lim Ed
    Sonic: mine lacks lower lumbar support and I'd like to add some foam also. Let me know how difficult it is to get under the outer layer in order to do that after you've done yours.
    2014 , 2.0L, Red Zone Lim. Ed. 30K
    18 Slingshot 2.4L 6K mi
    13 Accord 106K
    00 Ranger 70K

Intermediate Soul
    Drives
    2011 Soul ! Alien Green
    I missed the lumbar support too on this drive, my daily driver has it. I guess you have to cut something to make the room for the back seats in those small cars. That goes for all the other cars in this category that we tested...

To add it up there might be more complicated than on bottom. When I added foam to my Explorer bottom part, the leather on bottom just "unhooked" from the under side and could be pulled up. On the vertical portion it looks like it has to be pulled up... I'll post pics if I get that far.
    Last edited by SoNic67; 05-19-2019 at 11:31 PM.
    So it goes...

8. Remove Advertisements
    Kia Soul Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)